RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Merchant Account to accept BIG transactions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 2:24pm
I think you are reading into this a lot more than you should be and creating problems that aren't there? There is no registration at all.

You just create a button in RC that says Click Here to Pay by Bank Transfer, it takes seconds, when the customer hits your checkout they click on the button, then continue with checkout, they are then automatically sent the Bank Details so they can make the BACS payment,we use it all the time have no problems with it and if need be at that stage you have already collected all your customer details so you can call them and ask when the BACS payment will be made.

We receive payments by BACS all the time and pay ALL our suppliers by BACS, it couldn't be easier and best of all no charges or costs to us.

Edited by mobilecadsurveying - 18 October 2010 at 2:24pm
Measure - Survey - Draw in ONE operation Fast Accurate CAD Floor Plans.

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site
Alpha Luxury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha Luxury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 10:23pm
Thanks mobile. I know, its something i do alot - look too far into things. Go from A to Z to get to B... lol!

Thanks for your advice.

I feel alot better now about accepting bank transfer as a payment option, after reading all the replies re: this.

Thanks

:)
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by mobilecadsurveying mobilecadsurveying wrote:

You just create a button in RC that says Click Here to Pay by Bank Transfer, it takes seconds, when the customer hits your checkout they click on the button, then continue with checkout, they are then automatically sent the Bank Details so they can make the BACS payment,we use it all the time have no problems with it and if need be at that stage you have already collected all your customer details so you can call them and ask when the BACS payment will be made.

How are they automatically sent the details. I can only assume you mean that you enter it so when they click the button and go to the next screen they get the details.

Edited by raineshoe - 20 October 2010 at 11:13am
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:31pm
We receive payments by BACS all the time and pay ALL our suppliers by BACS, it couldn't be easier and best of all no charges or costs to us.

Re above do you deal with overseas customers? ie are there no charges then? and how do you know when you receive a payment and which order that relates to so you can mark it as paid.
Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha Luxury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 5:26pm
Hi, I am currently asking customers to put their order number on as reference. However, I don't think that it would cause such a big problem, as it is only a very small niche, and I would only expect to get 4 or 5 orders a month at the very most. Theres only 4 products I sell, and each one is very much a set price. So I think it should be relatively simple.

I don't deal with overseas customers, so thats ok.

I know it is really simple, but i wish it could be as simple as they get directed to a screen where they could put their bank details in, and click ok, and it gets paid straight into my bank, that would be great..or is that me just being lazy....? :)
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 6:06pm
Hi Alpha. yes I can see it working OK for you as you only expect a small number of orders per month so I would think it easy to keep track. I was simply asking mobile as I was interested in how easy it was to keep track of payments and know when a payment had been received in order to mark the order as paid.
Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha Luxury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 6:10pm
Ok, Good luck I hope you can give it a go, and runs ok. I hope it will do for me too! Take Care.

:)
mobilecadsurveying View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by raineshoe raineshoe wrote:

Originally posted by mobilecadsurveying mobilecadsurveying wrote:

How are they automatically sent the details. I can only assume you mean that you enter it so when they click the button and go to the next screen they get the details.

Yes that and also the bank details are in the Order Confirmation email they receive from us.

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Red Red wrote:

Re above do you deal with overseas customers? ie are there no charges then? and how do you know when you receive a payment and which order that relates to so you can mark it as paid.
Red

We receive lots of payments from overseas, either by card, paypal or International Money Order, the customer pays the IMO fees usually but sometimes they forget and we have to cover part of them, it depends on how they submit their form with their bank. As we don't get dozens of this type of transaction per month tracking them is very easy via our online banking. I ask all customers to use the RC Invoice number when they make IMO or BACS payments that way they can be allocated easily.

Edited by mobilecadsurveying - 23 October 2010 at 9:22pm

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Alpha Luxury Alpha Luxury wrote:

but i wish it could be as simple as they get directed to a screen where they could put their bank details in, and click ok, and it gets paid straight into my bank, that would be great..or is that me just being lazy....? :)

That cannot happen as they would have to be logged into their own bank to make the transaction to acces their funds and also of course to make it all secure. As you only expect a handful of transations per month it takes no time anyway to do what you want to do.

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic