RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mp3 files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mp3 files
    Posted: 16 November 2017 at 10:17pm
Is it possible to use the product manager to send downloadable mp3 files? Please help.

Thank you,
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 10:43pm
Hi Carryl,
Is it that you are selling mp3s?
You can do this with the digital vault up to 25mb.
Otherwise upload them elsewhere with a cryptic url and sell the url with RomanCart in the download section of the item properties.

Many Thanks
Support
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 10:49pm
Yes, I am adding my own mp3's to my product line. Unfortunately, some of them are over 25mb. Can you please explain what you mean by a cryptic url?

Many thanks,
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 11:12pm
Hi,
In the download section of the item properties you can set a url where you can download the file.
If the customer buys the item then they are given this url.
Upload your file to you own webspace, give it a cryptic url e.g. gjy57ifgtf64rgh.mo3 and then enter that as the download url in the item properties on RomanCart.

Many Thanks
Support
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 11:52am
Ah, so that's what you mean by a cryptic url! :) I thought you meant I needed to encrypt it or something!

Thanks for your help!
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 1:20pm
So ..... do I only upload the mp3 file to this url, or do I use it as a "thank you" page as well?

Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 3:17pm
Hi,
The url you enter will be displayed to the customer after purchase as the url to download the item they have purchased.
It is up to you what the url points to.

Many thanks
Support
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 5:55pm
Thank you. I've just done a test run but it didn't work. The link for the url that came through in the confirmation email doesn't open and when I copied and pasted the link in my browser, it opened to a general google search page. Weird.

Please help.
Thank you
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 6:18pm
Hi Caryl,

Make sure the link begins with http://www.

Thanks

James
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 6:33pm
Hi James,

Oh, it starts with www. but I didn't put the http:// in front of it. Will try again.

Thank you,

Caryl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic