RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Offer Manual Swipe when 3D secure fails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offer Manual Swipe when 3D secure fails
    Posted: 30 March 2010 at 10:13pm
Hi, I'm seeing a lot of customers who can't remember their new 3D secure card codes failing to complete transactions. Is there an automatic way to get these shoppers diverted to a manual swipe payment instead? (I can process them through my regular off-line terminal).

From what I can see if I offer manual swipe as a payment method then they won't be then processed by my Paypal Merchant account.

If I've missed something please point it out to me.

Of course I can contact the customers who fail authorisation manually, but it would be simpler to divert them to manual swipe.

Can any Romancart staff or forum users offer suggestions please.

Regards Tim.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 11:03pm
Hi,
You should discuss this with PayPal. If you are losing transactions because of customers failing the 3dsecure test then maybe there is something that PayPal can advise on this.
Many Thanks
Support
timr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 11:14pm
Hi, sorry I didn't make myself clear. It only happens with maybe 1 in 20 sales because the customer doesn't know their 3D Secure code and puts in the wrong thing. It then shows as failed authorisation.

Is there a simple way for me to offer the Manual Swipe method to these customers other than by having two Romancart accounts and having a link to the 2nd on my website.

Regards Tim.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 11:31pm
Hi,
I understand what you are saying. With some payment gateways you can still process the order if the 3dsecure check failed (although not Maestro transactions).
This is why we suggest that you discuss this with PayPal as maybe they have a setting which allows this.
There is not a way to switch the customer to 'Manual Swipe' after a failed transaction.
Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic