RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pay Status Error: Click here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pay Status Error: Click here
    Posted: 21 July 2020 at 11:04am
Keep getting 'Invalid Vendor Account' when payments fail. Is this RC or PayPal?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 11:31am
Hi,
That's PayPal - you need to give them a call to find out what the issue is.
Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 11:38am
Hi,
Please note that PayPal Commerce Platform is now integrated with RomanCart.
If you are having issues with PayPal Pro PCI. We would advise that you switch to the new system straight away.
PayPal publish 1.2%+30p for cards and no monthly fees (see their website for exact charges).
A screencast on this is being recorded right now.
You can just go to 'configure'/'payment methods' add 'PayPal Commerce Platform' click on 'configure' and follow the instructions to set it up.

Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 12:35pm
They said it could be the API credentials may need resetting.

Copy your API credentials
API credentials allow your e commerce platform and PayPal to exchange information. Copy your client ID and secret (API credentials) and use them in your e commerce platform to connect your accounts. Not sure how? Follow your platform's integration instructions.

I can get this from my PayPal account. The two lines of text/numbers look completely different from what I have in there atm.

The cardinal commerce Merchant ID.. and the Cardinal Commerce Merchant PWD

Do i need to reset this? I'm not sure how to proceed. Why have they changed?

Edited by peter.pwa - 21 July 2020 at 12:35pm
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 1:50pm
Thanks i did not see your second post and will check that out.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 2:11pm
Hi,
Firstly the PayPal Commerce Platform Screencast is at https://youtu.be/WNHo3UogLqo

I would advise switching to it asap.
PayPal are promoting this new payment method, cards are 1.2%+30p (see paypal website for full details and to confirm pricing) The screencast shows how it all works and you can set it up in a few clicks.

PayPal Pro PCI is very old now and is UK only. For this reason, when there are issues it seems to take a while for PayPal to resolve them.

Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 3:55pm
Apparently I have to wait up to 5 days before I can seek approval to use this service even though I have had PayPal Pro for 20 years or so and I also got an email from PayPal saying my application for this service has been approved.. I can't accept any payments on my site until this gets fixed. I tried installing as a new payment method but it does not show any card payment buttons only the bank transfer button. I can't seem to configure this payment method like I could the Pro one. It takes me to a web page.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 4:02pm
Hi,
I'm not sure about the 5 day thing. Some merchants get a lot of questions and some are enabled right away.
PayPal Express is always available if your other options are not working.
Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 4:19pm
Ok looks like it is working. The support guy at PayPal said it could take up to 5 days but when I tried to install it sent me an email saying welcome to the service. I think I did not wait long enough for the system to refresh but looks like it works, just done 2 live purchases so hopefully all is ok. Thank you for your help. I just need to cancel the £20.00 per month to PayPal Pro.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 4:22pm
Hi,
That's good news....
As per the instructions - make sure you have the paypal express checkout payment method enabled as well.
PCP does not work on old browsers and it will switch to the separate PayPal Express integration for those.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic