RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Planned New Features

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 8:42am
Hi Support
re - "FYI, here is our current list of planned enhancements to the cart."
Can you tell us how you are getting on with the list please? are any of the items listed now up and running yet?
Red
ilewis04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilewis04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 12:53pm
Having asked the question about timescales here & not had any reply from RC I phoned them a couple of days ago. The answer I was given for timescales was "late autumn / early 2013"
Not at all what I wanted to hear, but at least I now know.
Rechargeable batteries & more.
Component-Shop
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 8:42am
"FYI, here is our current list of planned enhancements to the cart."
Support
can you tell us at what cart levels these new features will be available please? I ask as I see that the new Proforma and Quotes functions are only available on the top level cart both of which I would have thought would have been classed as basic shopping cart functions.
Red
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:13am
Hi Red,

In the UK Pro-forma Invoices/Quotations are only relevant to VAT registered businesses who by definition have a significant turnover. This is why it is only available in the professional version. You can still 'send a payment link' which is sufficient invoicing for most smaller businesses.

Most isn't decided yet however here is a rough guide (subject to change)
Amazon Payments (Checkout by Amazon) and shipping enhancements will be available on all upgrades.
Skinnable cart - total customization of every page of the cart will be available on all upgrades.
Subscriptions will be pro only.
Offers enhancement (multi Buy) is part of the existing offers feature, which is pro only.

Amazon and Ebay not decided.
Google products - this depends how it works. It might just be a simple export which can be imported manually into Google in which case it would probably be on all upgrades. However if it were automated it might be a higher upgrade.

Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:41am
Hi support
I do not fully agree with that statement, surely customers asking for a quote on products is relevent to all levels of cart, the payment link is not the easiest function to use as it often does not work as it should, try putting in more than one product.
It would be better to send a potential customer a proper looking quote for items they may wish to purchase and I think the conversion rate into a sale would probably then go up. We have had 4 emails over the past 2 days asking prices none of which have yet converted to sales I just think the quote function would help with that.
Regarding the other functions you are working on I would hope as I am sure other users would that Amazon and Ebay are not just for the highest level cart use.
Your top level cart just does not hold enough other functions we need to make it worth the extra charge.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:59am
Hi,

A Quote in this context is an American term for a Pro Forma and does the same as a pro forma. It allows VAT registered companies to present the customer with a pseudo invoice (quote/pro forma) without having to pay tax which is normally due on the issue of an invoice.
When the Quote/Pro Forma is paid, it creates a VAT invoice at which time the VAT needs to be paid.
That's why it is on the pro level.

In answer to your situation though - perhaps you could try the cart preloader. (Starter upgrade and above)?

There is - with respect - a slight irony in your final comment.

Many Thanks
Support

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 10:33am
Hi Support
Yes we have just tried the cart preloader prior to your reply and that would work for our needs for customers that want a quote, Is there a way to save a Roman cart template once changed to show our own details for future use? which would save time making changes every time we need to use it.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 11:01am
Hi,
Yes - you create and save your own templates at 'configure'/'document templates'/'preload emails'
Many Thanks
Support
khizrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khizrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:42pm
Do we know when we can expect ebay? It's there as a menu option I see.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:58pm
Hi,
Hopefully by the end of this week.
Nothing to see yet.
Many thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic