RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Postcode Anywhere

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henrycart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Postcode Anywhere
    Posted: 24 November 2017 at 7:31pm
Hi,

Just signed up to postcode anywhere.

I added the key and now on the cart checkout page there is a 'find address' button and pop up. So now the customer can enter their postcode. Great.

Problem is, I especially wanted it for foreign addresses. If I demo the cart by selecting a non uk address there is no search button anymore.

On the website demo https://www.pcapredict.com/address-validation/try-it-now/

I could start typing obscure foreign address and it would find them. Is it possible to integrate into roman cart the same way as the PCAPredict demo? Has anyone done this?

I am still using the original bog standard templates, could that be the problem.
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 2:08pm
I have been using the UK version for several years now and am very pleased. I have just tried the demo link for foreign addresses and I must say I am impressed. If RomanCart can let us add this it would be a great improvement.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:36am
Hi,

Which countries are you wanting to use this for?

Many Thanks
Support
henrycart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henrycart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:48am
I know it's a big ask. On the PCA site there are only a handful of ecommerce sites that integrate fully PCA. The fact romancat auto integrate the UK postcode verification is very good in it's own right. If it could ask for anything, in an ideal world it would work with a fuzzy search field and worldwide.

Europe
US
Australia
New Zealand
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 10:08am
For me it would be mainly European countries but I played with the link that henrycart supplied and many countries outside Europe work well. I tried USA, Brazil and Australia and all worked well.
henrycart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henrycart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 12:12pm
I actually use the demo link now to help me verify and understand addresses outside the UK .   

I don't know how long I can keep doing that!! But I only sell a few items outside UK.
IkeFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IkeFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by henryrcart henryrcart wrote:

I actually use the demo link now to help me verify and understand addresses outside the UK .   

I don't know how long I can keep doing that!! But I only sell a few items outside UK.

Hi Henry, does the demo have an expiration date or can you use it indefinitely?

Edited by IkeFi - 04 November 2021 at 3:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic