Forum Description: Read about new RomanCart features here
URL: http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11399
Printed Date: 28 June 2022 at 12:50am

Topic: Edit and Delete Despatches
Posted By: Support
Subject: Edit and Delete Despatches
Date Posted: 21 October 2010 at 12:04pm
Hi,
You can now edit the tracking ref and other information boxes on a despatch.
In addition you can now delete the despatches.
(Unless it is a despatch relating to the 'Book a courier' feature in Romancart.
Many Thanks
Support

Replies:
Posted By: Red
Date Posted: 21 October 2010 at 12:20pm
Thank you Support that sounds like a big help
Red

Posted By: raineshoe
Date Posted: 21 October 2010 at 2:30pm
Excellent. What a relief as screwed up by hitting the enter button too soon the other day and had to send tracking ref by e-mail separately. At least this means I can now edit.   

Date Posted: 21 October 2010 at 2:52pm

You can now edit the tracking ref and other information boxes on a despatch.

Hi Support
Just tried it and although the extras will help it does not help with our request that the product listing be editable which I did think from your posting above had also been changed but alas it has not and we still have to send our customers a long long list with the products ordered with all their modifiers also listed. Is there any way you can alter the despatch again to include this field so that it is editable prior to despatch email being sent?
Please Please Please
Red

Date Posted: 21 October 2010 at 2:57pm
Hi,

The product listing is the same as how the product is displayed on the cart. It not totally sure why you would not want the customer to see exactly what has been despatched?
You can edit the order details on the order itself in the sales manager if you wish to change this but surely this would make keeping track of your sales confusing?

Many Thanks
Support

Date Posted: 21 October 2010 at 4:03pm
Dear Support
We know that the despatch listing is the same as in the cart but feel that for roman cart users that have a lot of modifiers per item that there should be the option to tidy up the look of the despatch email. Our customers already receive a number of copies of their full order details well before the despatch email we simply want to be able to have some form of editability on the way the products are shown on the despatch. Its not a case of not wanting our customers not to see what has been despatched, I have copied and pasted below an example of how one of our despatch emails looks at the moment-

Your Order Number is RC8188864 dated 7th Sep 2010.

Dear Miss --------, your order with aecollars will be despatched today by Royal Mail - www.royalmail.com

Your Order tracking Ref. is RJ*********GB - posted 21st Oct 2010 using www.royalmail.com

1 x L1F 1/2" (13mm) Lead (Black & Chrome, 30 inch (760mm))
1 x L2B2 3/4" (19mm) Lead (Australian Nut & Brass, 39 1/2, Stafford Knot Option)
1 x W41 3/4" (19mm) Collar (Australian Nut & Brass, Leather Backed, Bitch, 2 years and above, 16 inch neck (407mm), Stafford Knot Option, Change Heads by D Ring to Head 6, Change Heads by Buckle to Head 6, Keep Collar Width 3/4 inch (19mm) as shown)
1 x W72 5/8" (16mm) Collar (Black & Chrome, Leather Backed, Bitch, 9 to 12 months, 16 inch neck (407mm), Stafford Knot Option, Head Stud Option, Keep Collar Width 5/8 inch (16mm) as shown)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again we would like to thank you for shopping with aecollars

Its the layout that we are not happy with, the ideal solution would be to be able to edit the box with the despatched products listing so we could reduce it to just say
I LF1 Lead
1 L2B2 Lead
1 W41 Collar
1 W72 Collar

We do not see the need to list all the modifiers however to alter the way the email would look by editing the order in the sales manager as you say would not be an acceptable solution either. I am sure there must be a more acceptable way for you to provide this element of the email as editable. Maybe at the point where you select to despatch all or part of the order?
Red

Date Posted: 24 October 2010 at 5:52pm
Hi Support
Is there a solution to this problem?
Red

Date Posted: 27 October 2010 at 8:12am
Support have gone quiet again - does anyone else want this change or is it just us being strange and not wanting to send our customers a jumbled mess of an email? or maybe not many users have so many modifier selections as we do.
support - Is there anything you can do to alter it? we have given you the examples both here and direct by email to support that you asked us for but now we have we get no further. We are sure it must be possible to make it so that the product information area is editasble.
Red

Posted By: genealogy_guy
Date Posted: 27 October 2010 at 10:59am
We would really like this change. The items that we sell are unique to each customer, but the extra details/modifiers are names, dates addresses which we don't want to keep repeating on despatch emails.

It would be so much better if only the itemcode (optional) and the item description appeared on each order line on the despatch.

-------------
Regards
Genealogy Guy
## My storeid is 45617 ##

Date Posted: 27 October 2010 at 11:10am
Thanks Genealogy Guy
We were begining to think it was only us that thinks this is a problem.
Red

Date Posted: 31 October 2010 at 7:55am
Hi Support
Is there any chance of an answer on this one please? your last answer was on the 21st - We have shown an example of how untidy our despatch emails look and an example of what we would like to be able to edit down to.
We need to keep the modifier information our customers give on the order to work from and in case of a dispute so editing that to be able to send a more presentable despatch email just would not work, there must be another way you could make the despatch product information editable. We know it will only be Roman Cart users that use modifiers that see this as a problem however it is a problem which we feel could be sorted by making the despatch information editable prior to sending the email.
Red

Date Posted: 03 November 2010 at 8:00am
We know Support read this forum notes, Please Support can we have a constructive answer - we have raised this question a number of times now both here in the forum and also direct by email. Support were looking into this at the start (which is now months ago) when we emailed them directly as we were asked to provide them with examples of the problem and also what we would prefer to see. We replied straight away to that email and provided what was asked for but since then Nothing other than a suggestion here on the forum to edit the Order Details, which is I am sure Support will agree not the answer. All we would like is a proper answer to our question ie. Is there any way Support can make the despatch email editable prior to sending?
Red

Date Posted: 03 November 2010 at 12:12pm
Hi,
This is not something we are going to change.
Hypothetically - If you buy a Red Jumper then in the despatch note you need to have Red Jumper, not just Jumper.
Giving customers less information simply cannot be a good idea.

As before, the despatch email gets the info from the order record, so you can edit this on the sales manager which would change the text which appears in the despatch email. We would never advise doing this though.

Many Thanks
Support

Date Posted: 03 November 2010 at 12:41pm
ear Miss --------, your order with aecollars will be despatched today by Royal Mail - www.royalmail.com

Your Order tracking Ref. is RJ*********GB - posted 21st Oct 2010 using www.royalmail.com

1 x L1F 1/2" (13mm) Lead (Black & Chrome, 30 inch (760mm))
1 x L2B2 3/4" (19mm) Lead (Australian Nut & Brass, 39 1/2, Stafford Knot Option)
1 x W41 3/4" (19mm) Collar (Australian Nut & Brass, Leather Backed, Bitch, 2 years and above, 16 inch neck (407mm), Stafford Knot Option, Change Heads by D Ring to Head 6, Change Heads by Buckle to Head 6, Keep Collar Width 3/4 inch (19mm) as shown)
1 x W72 5/8" (16mm) Collar (Black & Chrome, Leather Backed, Bitch, 9 to 12 months, 16 inch neck (407mm), Stafford Knot Option, Head Stud Option, Keep Collar Width 5/8 inch (16mm) as shown)

Hi Support
I understand you saying that you should put something like Red Jumper rather than just Jumper in the despatch email but if the product information area was editable we could do that. Have you taken a proper look at the above sample email we end up sending when we send a despatched email? We do not see why the despatch product information area could not be editable so Roman Cart users have a choice of how the despatch information looks - modifier information could then be removed from the email. Our customers already see their full order details a number of times prior to the despatch email being sent and I am sure all they are interested in is to be told the order is being despatched and a tracking reference plus short description of order contents - they do not need every modifier also printed on it.
We need to keep the full order details given by the customer when they select modifier options for our records so as you say editing the order prior to sending a despatch is not the answer to this. We cannot not see why it should be such a problem to you to add an option to edit the product information area prior to sending a despatch email.
Very unhappy Roman cart user
Red

Posted By: peter.pwa
Date Posted: 07 December 2010 at 5:28pm
I agree with support on this one. Better to send the exact info that has been ordered rather than an edited version. Peeps may think you've sent out the item without the requested modifiers! If they have all that on the invoice, I don't see why they should get the hump seeing it again on the despatch. I bet theres a lot of work/programming making it editable and I can't see the reason for doing it other than to mislead your customer. If you have that many modifiers for one item then best to show it.

Date Posted: 07 December 2010 at 6:28pm
Hi peter.pwa
We are not the only ones who would like to be able to edit the despatch email and I cannot see why you feel that the ability to edit an untidy and complicated looking despatch email would be taken as trying to mislead our customers. Our customers have the full order details emailed to them a number of times prior to the despatch email which gives them the chance to check and ask for alterations to their order if they wish to do so. A full copy of the order details with modifier choices are listed on the invoice enclosed with their order. The point we were trying to make is that we would like the choice to be able to have some control over the look of the despatch email we send to our customers, which we do not see as that big an ask of support.
Red

Posted By: liz15a
Date Posted: 08 December 2010 at 7:49am
Hi
I think being able to edit despatches would be very useful too - the nature of my business means I send substitute items and I would like to show what is infact being despatched rather than what was ordered. We also sometimes send more of an item than ordered and I am currently unable to edit that too. I would find it extremely useful if whatever I typed in the 'additional info' box or whatver it is called could show on the despatch note.

Clearly people have their own reasons for needing to edit information - I dont think it is fair for others or support to question their reasons why simply because they personally cant see a need for it.

-------------
Cheers, Liz

Date Posted: 08 December 2010 at 8:04am
Hi,
liz15a - the product information in the despatch email is the same as on the order. If you are changing the order contents then you should edit the order and update it with the correct information, then this will be included on the despatch email.
Use the <otherinformation> tag on your despatch email sub header or footer at 'tools'/'options'/'email' to have your additional info included in the email.

Many Thanks
Support

Posted By: liz15a
Date Posted: 08 December 2010 at 8:27am
thanks about the tag for the additional info - I didnt see/know about that bit so thats useful.

I dont really agree with editing the order though as this is altering the record and no longer showing what was actually ordered. What the customer ordered is what they ordered - I'm not technically changing their order, I'm just send a substitute or less/extra of something - its not the same thing to me. (If someone ordered something then phoned and said they wanted to change it to something else then yes thats changing the order and I would edit the order, but if I dont have a particular item available and am sending a replacement (they have ticked a box saying I can send substitutes) - to me thats not the same and the customers actual order hasnt changed, just what is being sent)

But the additional info bit means I can at least tell the customer what I need to so thats good.

-------------
Cheers, Liz

Date Posted: 08 December 2010 at 8:32am
Hi,
liz15a - Thank you for your support on this, being able to edit the information sent in the despatch emails would I am sure be of use to a number of Roman Cart customers and I cannot see why Support are so negative on this. I do not agree with supports sugestion that in order to send a despatch email that we are happy with that we should edit and change the customers order details, what happens then if a customer disputes the order received and you no longer have the origional information. Please Support I am sure this would not be that much work to add for those of us who feel we need this, is there any chance that you could add an editable element to the despatch email?
Red

Posted By: sooze
Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:09am
This appears to be a long standing issue. I would like an editable note area for adding comments (such as if a different colour item has been sent) - or warranty / return information.

With the Distance Selling Regulations I think the despatch note should have the option to include basic returns information - so the customer is fully aware of their deadline to cancel and return the order.

-------------
www/glo-balls.com
A Flash of inspiration!

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:56am
Originally posted by sooze sooze wrote:

This appears to be a long standing issue. I would like an editable note area for adding comments (such as if a different colour item has been sent) - or warranty / return information.

With the Distance Selling Regulations I think the despatch note should have the option to include basic returns information - so the customer is fully aware of their deadline to cancel and return the order.

You can add other information to your despatch note in the despatch under "other information" or change it for stand text using "tools, options, e-mail and go to the bottom of the page and you can put info in there that is standard across all sales.

Incidentally, with distance selling your "terms and conditions" including "returns" should be available on your web site as well as available to be "downloaded" from your web site. They also have to check the box at checkout to say they have read your terms and conditions so it shouldn't be necessary to post it anywhere else. People are too spoon fed these days they have to take some responsibility for their own actions.

Posted By: GX160Parts
Date Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:38pm
And what about making the postage method selectable in a drop down menu based on the shipping methods configured. It takes ages when i have to send out 20 packages typing in Royal Mail First Class Recorded!

Posted By: GX160Parts
Date Posted: 20 February 2011 at 3:35pm
Any reponse support? I suggested this ages ago and you seemed to think it was a good idea. By having the postage method selectable from a dropdown menue based on your postage methods would make life so much faster and easier when sending out numerous orders!

Please reconsider this.

On another note, is there any easy way of searching for all part dispatched orders? Sometimes i have orders that are a few weeks on back order for special order items. Being able to click on "Select all Part Dispatched Orders" from a drop down list or button would make sure none get "lost" amongst all the other orders. I know that they are highlighted in a different colour but some of my special order backorders can be up to 2 months by the time theyare produced and these drop off the pages. I therefore have to keep a manual note of the order number. Having a click for part dispatched orders also ans i could print out a report of back order invoice numbers etc.

Please implement some of these as it would make everyones life a lo easier i am sure!

Tim
gx160parts.com

Posted By: Silent_Explorer
Date Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:17am
Hi GX160Parts

Quote It takes ages when i have to send out 20 packages typing in Royal Mail First Class Recorded!

If you use the Firefox browser any phrases you've previously entered into a text box in RC will be displayed in a list for next time, this saves you having to type the info such as 'Royal Mail First Class Recorded!' or 'Royal Mail Special Delivery by 1pm' each time you despatch an order

I keep other text I commonly use for Despatch information such as the scripts I enter in the 'Other Information:' box in an open tab in firefox, I cut & paste the relevent text for each order

e.g.:

Scripts used in 'Other Information:'

Despatch notification scripts for Thursday before 4.30PM
(post the following messages into the 'Other Information' box in the RomanCart Despatch window)      

Click here for later orders

Royal Mail (UK non recorded)

Your package will be despatched via our local Post Office<br>
at 6 The Parade, Woodley, RG5 3RB at 4:30pm today.<br>
<br>Package Description:<br>White Mail Lite padded mailing envelope

<br>Package Description:<br>Brown cardboard carton 20cm x 13cm x 10cm

Royal Mail 'Signed For' recorded mail (includes tracking ref)

To track your package on-line <a href="http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?trackNumber=<trackingref>">click here</a><br>
<br>Package Description:<br>White padded envelope

Royal Mail Special Delivery 1pm

Your package will be despatched today via our local<br>
Post Office, 6 The Parade, Woodley, RG5 3RB and<br>
should arrive by 1pm on Friday.<br>
To track your package via the Royal mail website <a href="http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?trackNumber=<trackingref>">click here</a><br>
<br>Package Description:<br>White padded mailing envelope

Your package will be despatched today via our local<br>
Post Office, 6 The Parade, Woodley, RG5 3RB and<br>
should arrive by 1pm on Friday.<br>
To track your package via the Royal mail website <a href="http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?trackNumber=<trackingref>">click here</a><br>
<br>Package Description:<br>Brown cardboard carton 20cm x 13cm x 10cm

Royal Mail International (non recorded)

Your goods should arrive within 3-7 working days.<br>

Royal Mail International (USA)

or enter your tracking ref <trackingref> on the <a href="http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm ">USPS website</a><br><br>
Package Description:<br>White padded mailing envelope

Parcel Post

Your goods should arrive within 2-3 working days.<br>
<br>Package Description:<br>Brown cardboard carton approx. 61cm x 10cm x 7cm

UPS Next Day Courier Service

Your goods have been collected from our suppliers<br>
premises by UPS today and your consignment should<br>
arrive by 5.30pm on Friday.<br>
To track your UPS consignment <a href="http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?&trackNums=<trackingref>">click here</a><br>
(tracking details should be available by 7pm on day of despatch)

Tuffnells Next Day Courier Service

Your goods have been collected from our suppliers<br>
premises by Tuffnells Courier Services and your<br>
consignment should arrive by 5.30pm on Friday.<br>
To track your Tuffnells consignment <a href="http://www.ezeelinkweb.co.uk/EzPOD/tracking.aspx?acc=0401928&con=<trackingref>">click here</a><br>

Interparcel Courier Services

Arrangements have been made for our courier to collect<br>
your goods from our premises today so your consignment<br>
should arrive by 5.30pm on Friday.<br>
To track your package <a href="http://www.interparcel.com/tracking.php?action=dotrack&trackno=<trackingref>">click here</a><br>

I have a separate html page for each day, this saves me having to manually enter the day of the week for each despatch

I hope this is of help

Nick G.

-------------
http://www.amourelle.co.uk - The Garage Door Spares & Automation Specialists - open your garage door at the press of a button !

Date Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:19am
You could always learn to type properly and that would speed it up. I am a trained typist and can do 70+ wpm so I find it quick to enter any info.

Posted By: cliff smith
Date Posted: 12 November 2011 at 2:18pm
PLEASE SUPPORT! is it not possible to have a box where we can enter a block of numbers for fully despatched orders and do a quick despatch/send email all in one go?

I have asked before but thought this may be the ideal place to try again. I'm sure we can't be the only RC Mail Order Company this suggestion would help.

Over a week we get between 10 and 15 pages of 20 orders on RC. At the end of each day we have to find all the orders we have despatched that day on the sales manager then do a quick despatch/send email.

We send some orders the same day and some manufactured goods take a couple of weeks so the despatched orders can end up being within a 20 - 30 page range on the sales manager. It takes far too long to find them all individually even using the RC finder so we list all the numbers on excel, sort them, then we can go through the RC pages in number order to tick them off.

At least that way we only have to go through each page once - then tick, despatch, go - confirm for each of the 20 plus pages in which we have found despatched orders. Anyone else who goes through this daily ritual knows the process well and like me, would probably rather go home earlier instead!

If it would take someone at RC a few hours to do can we pay for the service?

Posted By: ae3799t
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 2:55pm
RomanCart tends to worry more for new customers then the do for their present customers. I have not found them very useful when something does not work or is not available. New things appear in the cart that literally have no value, at least to us, while others like overriding for Free Shipping, yet still allow expedited 2 & 3-day shipping, never get touched.

RomanCart has many nice features and for a cart this sophisticated you would think that they would handle all of their emails much better than they do. Every interaction with the customer should be tokenized and allow the business to completely control it by creating their own email and using tokens where they want the specific data. RomanCart knows how to do this, as they have implemented it in a rudimentary way, but these are "OUR" customers and we should be able to completely control all communication to them. They do so much for you, then overlook obvious needs. For example, you can send email based on a particular product to the customer, but you cannot add your Sales Order number. The email itself is very useful and a great idea on RomanCart's part, but customer tend to reply to that and you have to search to figure out who the customer is. Very limited perspective.

With RomanCart, we cannot even choose our own Sales Order numbers. Probably because RomanCart thinks that if they force us to use their numbers, we will buy their Invoices. This is not exactly what I would call a class act.

And although you can change the Invoice, you cannot change your own Product ID. So if the customer changes their mind or you have to substitute a product, you really cannot do that properly, so your metrics will not have the correct product id. This might be do to your product ID being a unique ID, and the programmer took the easy way out. And speaking of metrics, RomanCart makes it very hard to download your sales information so that you can get those metrics that are very valuable. To their credit, they do have some sales reports that we have found fairly useful.

RomanCart probably does much more right then they do wrong, but if I had one wish, it would be that RomanCart give the priority to their existing customers.

Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 6:34pm
But then again if Romancart is that bad there are other options out there. However, I suspect as I've found they are not as good for the money unless you pay through the nose.

Print Page | Close Window