Forum Description: Read about new RomanCart features here
URL: http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11593
Printed Date: 27 June 2022 at 9:46am

Topic: iPhone App
Posted By: Support
Subject: iPhone App
Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:30am
Hi,

Professional upgrade subscribers can now use our new iPhone App to view their paid sales on the move.

Simply download from the app store!

Many Thanks
Support

Replies:
Posted By: Dave P
Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 10:31am
What about us Blackberry users

-------------
Regards,

Dave P.
http://www.honeypotgifts.co.uk - Gifts for all at HoneyPotGifts

Posted By: raineshoe
Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 10:49am
I have a Nokia but wouldn't particularly be an App user if I could have this. Good for those who might use it, but as I can access Romancart though the internet on my phone there seems little point in having the App.

Posted By: Trinity
Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 12:46pm
I've downloaded the app and entered all my details but it comes up with "details not valid" everytime I try to log in

-------------
http://www.spacemonkeys.co.uk - Space Monkeys
MakeUp and Masks

Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 2:45pm
Hi,
Don't use the main username and password, create a separate user for this and make sure they have access to the sales manager.
Many Thanks
Support

Posted By: Trinity
Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 3:46pm
Thanks Support. Will sort that out later

Rosemarie

-------------
http://www.spacemonkeys.co.uk - Space Monkeys
MakeUp and Masks

Posted By: breezecare
Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 8:21pm
I am in Australia and cannot see the app in the app store.
What is it called??
Geoff S

Posted By: Support James
Date Posted: 30 January 2011 at 6:09pm
Hi Geoff,

You should be able to download the app from the Australian itunes store using the following link.

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/romancart/id415276026?mt=8%20 - RomanCart App (Australia)

Posted By: brightonbelle
Date Posted: 13 February 2011 at 11:01pm
Just downloaded this & had a quick look. It will prove useful, but I don't like the way the login page holds my details with my store ID & username visible, and the password field filled out - even though it is hashed/blobbed/ whatever you call it. Could version 2 have the ability to either go straight to the store or not have these prefilled?

My concern here is if my iPhone is lost or stolen ...

Date Posted: 14 February 2011 at 10:30am
Hi,
If your iphone is lost or stolen then you would delete the user from the cart control panel. This would make it unuseable.
Many Thanks
Support

Posted By: brightonbelle
Date Posted: 14 February 2011 at 12:37pm
Fair point. Thanks for answering.

Posted By: GX160Parts
Date Posted: 22 February 2011 at 10:46am
No offence but i dont see the point in this. First of all it doesnt seem to be working correctly! Yesterday i had a sale but nothing was shown in the app. On Sunday i had three sales but only 2 got shown and even then you couldnt scroll down to see the full order.

I ended up just using the email on my Iphone as i have always done! Now if the app gave access to the Product Manager or to the sales control panel that may be useful!

However rather than developing something that wont really make life much easier for subscribers why not develop what we have been asking for ie the ability to export more than 50 items from the Product manager, or a drop down menu for postage in the dispatch box etc!!!!!

Posted By: Amber
Date Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:40am
I have to totally agree with this; over the last couple of years many of us merchants have made reasonable requests for features and functionality, most of which are not just for convenience, but sheer necessity. Very few, if hardly any, have been implemented. Look at all the requests for individual stock control, export 50+ items, CSS cart styling, editable drop-down menu in the Product Manager, optional log-in facility etc. etc. Now we see that an iPhone app has been developed; I can see no requests for this at all in the forums. Support, PLEASE can you address some of the issues us customers have raised over the years, instead of bringing out things that no-one's asked for?

-------------
Regards,

Graham

http://www.ambersupplies.co.uk - Amber Chiropody Supplies

Posted By: Support Oliver
Date Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:01pm
Hi,

We appreciate that the iPhone App is a new application and the first version we have released. Could you please report any issues directly to support@romancart.com anything such as screen shots of errors or problems would be greatly appreciated to help us improve this new facility.

Regarding development of other features or improvments in RomanCart, the support team and developers do take into account all suggestions for improvment and of course any issues from the Forum.

We do hope to bring improvments to RomanCart however we have to be very carefful modifying a hosted system.

The iPhone App was able to be developed quickly as it involved no modification to the system and would not effect all our customers.

Kind Regards

Posted By: Dave P
Date Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:18pm
Hi Oliver,
I'd like to make a couple of comments.

Firstly, the point of these forums us for all of to be able to benefit; more and more often I'm seeing comments asking people to send details of problems directly to Support. This means you'll get the same problems more than once because people don't know what's already been reported and it stops us from all being able to follow the progress on the forums.

Secondly, whilst I appreciate the Iphone App is free standing, it means development resources are not being used on things which many cart users have requested, which I think is the point both of the last two posters where also trying to make.

If you're going to develop the system, as we all hope you are, please at least tell us what's being worked on. That way, cart users can see whether their needs are being addressed. It's still a great cart, the uncertainty just makes us customers a bit nervous.

-------------
Regards,

Dave P.
http://www.honeypotgifts.co.uk - Gifts for all at HoneyPotGifts

Posted By: raineshoe
Date Posted: 23 February 2011 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Dave P Dave P wrote:

Hi Oliver,
I'd like to make a couple of comments.

Firstly, the point of these forums us for all of to be able to benefit; more and more often I'm seeing comments asking people to send details of problems directly to Support.

And then they e-mail back and say they don't know what you are talking about!!!

I also agree with what else you said Dave. I have no interest in an IPhone App and am never likely to use it. I do appreciate that yes some people will use it and it is an up and coming popular thing. However, I think there are more universally useful things that people have requested from the cart which I appreciate will take a lot of time to develop but don't seem forthcoming.

Majority rule comes to mind!!

Posted By: Red
Date Posted: 23 February 2011 at 10:47am
I also agree with Dave, as stated the IPhone App is not something we would use either and I feel never will. We could do with Support letting us know their list of things they are about to or are working on and letting us customers then vote via this forum as to which we need the most urgently.
Also Support the point of the forum is so that users of the Roman cart system can follow what the new developments are or to pick up tips as to the use of the system which we will not have if you constantly ask people to contact you with problems directly.
Red

Posted By: Amber
Date Posted: 23 February 2011 at 11:34am
I'm in agreement, too. I'd really like to know what Support are working on at any one time so as we've some idea as to what new improvements/features we can look forward to.

-------------
Regards,

Graham

http://www.ambersupplies.co.uk - Amber Chiropody Supplies

Posted By: breezecare
Date Posted: 23 February 2011 at 8:31pm
I feel the iphone ap was done to appear that they are up to date with the latest and greatest. But it definitely does not help me. I asked for a link to a national bank in Australia for card processing but RC is not interested in this. It didn't seem like a big ask to me and I would not be the only person in Australia looking for multi currency processing.

I agree, RC should be putting their marketing and research dollars into its data base rather than iphone aps.

Date Posted: 05 March 2011 at 10:25am
The app seems to only show orders that have been marked as paid in the shopping cart. Or at least thats my experience of it. SO the question is whats the point of it?!

If i have to go into the Cart to mark them paid i might as well look at them there!

Seems to me to be a pointless app. And as stated you cant view the whole order as it wont scroll down.

Rather than wasting time developing this app to fix the bugs (which i guess support is doing rather than looking at queries raised here about other more important issues), look at what YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT!

I have bumped up on several occasions a wish list with no response from yourselves. Things that would make Roman cart better and make life easier for those that use it.

Tim

Date Posted: 25 March 2011 at 10:06am
So is the iphone app being shelved or are you going to fix the issues with it?

Posted By: stuartvb
Date Posted: 26 March 2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Dave P Dave P wrote:

What about us Blackberry users

Absolutely, Dave!

Posted By: armotechuk
Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:40pm
I'd be more interested to see a version of Romancart that displays appropriately in mobile browsers. We've developed a mobile version of our website which works nice and smooth until the customer gets to the cart, which clearly hasn't been optimised for mobile.

Posted By: softap
Date Posted: 09 June 2011 at 4:25pm
Agreed. A mobile-friendly version of the cart would be a winner for us. We can create a mobile-friendly website, but we can't do anything about Romancart.

Posted By: janine29
Date Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:25pm
Is there some fancy trick to logging into the iphone app? I have had it for 3 months and my log in information has never once worked?! I am positive I am typing in the information correctly but it constantly tells me that I have incorrect log in information.

Date Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:28pm
Hi,
Create a user for this, don't use the login detail provided by RomanCart when you signed up.
Many Thanks
Support

Posted By: janine29
Date Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:32pm
LOL! Thanks. Was a piece of cake until I logged in and found out that my hobby level cannot use the app. oh well. Thanks for the quick response, though.

Print Page | Close Window