Print Page | Close Window

3D secure

Printed From: RomanCart.com Forum
Category: RomanCart
Forum Name: Website Discussions
Forum Description: Post here if you have a user to user question / post / comment which is
not for RomanCart to answer.
URL: http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13378
Printed Date: 22 April 2018 at 4:08am

Topic: 3D secure
Posted By: rich-erich
Subject: 3D secure
Date Posted: 10 December 2015 at 12:42pm
I've been making some payments on websites that use 3d secure and am seeing the 3d secure page flash up but then it automatically takes me to an order complete page without me having to input my password. Does anyone know if this is because I have shopped with the sites before. And if so is how does this effect the 3d secure through Romancart.

Thanks
Rich

Replies:
Posted By: jackslad
Date Posted: 10 December 2015 at 3:30pm
Camelot's National Lottery does this now - there is probably a limit on the amount you can pay without entering a pin number or it might be linked to your track record of payments.

-------------

Posted By: rscass
Date Posted: 10 December 2015 at 4:42pm
Worldpay announced dynamic 3dS a while ago. This was where merchants could decide, for example, that a UK delivery address or a sale for (say) less than 20 would not need the 3ds code.

Maybe this is something to do with it?

Posted By: rich-erich
Date Posted: 11 December 2015 at 8:55am
That's interesting thanks. It would be good if that was the case that we had the option to do likewise.

Posted By: jackslad
Date Posted: 11 December 2015 at 10:56am
The limit will now be 30 as this is the limit for contactless in shops. However there will be enhanced risk attached to this if there is a charge-back initiated after the online contactless sale. Banks resist chargebacks when the customer enters the security code correctly - may not do so with a "contactless" online transaction - ie no code entered. Contactless cards are very useful but I have had a customer recently who lost hers and someone ran up a small fortune of charges before the card was blocked.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window