Print Page | Close Window

PayPal wit Braintree

Printed From: RomanCart.com Forum
Category: RomanCart
Forum Name: Integration
Forum Description: If you need help using RomanCart in your own website, post here.
URL: http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13595
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 9:09am

Topic: PayPal wit Braintree
Posted By: peter.pwa
Subject: PayPal wit Braintree
Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 11:25am
Hi It looks like I had to reconfigure the payment method through Braintree after a customer reported he couldn't pay!
It seems to work ok now I just tested a payment but there are two PayPal Checkout (gold) buttons, the first one is still there with a connection to paypal error, the second works fine it seems.
How can I remove the old paypal button?

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Support
Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 3:19pm
Hi,
Please can you email us the full details of this.
Please include your store id and support tag.

Many Thanks
Support

Date Posted: 09 July 2017 at 12:16pm
Hi
Thanks for reply.
Tried emailing you but it bounced back.
I have sorted the problem by loading in a new/different template for the checkout but I had other issues with the new one like the product code shows up in the checkout even tho it was checked off.
However I just had an order and the product code is gone on the emailed order. It would be nice not to see the product number on the web input.

I had no Idea I had to re configure paypal with RC could someone not have told me?

Confused though, I still have PayPal Website Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) turned on in payment methods, Am I not paying £20.00 month for this paypal pro? do I need to cancel this service now if using Braintree?
Store ID 25978

Date Posted: 09 July 2017 at 5:25pm
Hi,

You shouldn't need to reconfigure PayPal.
Braintree has a version of PayPal Express as part of it which you can use if you want your PayPal transactions to appear on the Braintree control panel.
Alternatively you can use standalone PayPal Express Checkout as normal.
From your previous post it sounds like you had a problem with Braintree. They have a dedicated support team to assist with any problems you have setting it up.

Note that PayPal Pro has a virtual terminal which Braintree does not have.

Many Thanks
Support

Date Posted: 09 July 2017 at 7:43pm
I had a customer inform me on Friday he was trying to pay but Paypal was not configured with Romancard and his payments failed.
I tried to check what the problem was and got the Braintree screen which i had never seen before. I thought that i needed to set up Braintree with romancart as I diddn't see the normal paypal pro screen.
I set up Braintree and noticed it still had the paypal pro gold button on the checkout as well as the new Braintree one. Thats when i contacted you to see how to delete the old button which was giving the error on payment.
As there was no imdiate reply I decided to try changing the cart page with a new template which did indeed get rid of the paypal button that diddnt work.

There was no problem with Braintree. Only problem i had was with the new template which was displaying the product code after the product which i diddnt want.

I dont and have never used Virtual terminal which i assume is payment over the phone so if this is the case can i cancel the paypal pro which costs me 20 quid a month and use Braintree which has no monthly charge?

Thanks for your reply specialy on Sunday, your dedication to duty is impressive :)

Date Posted: 09 July 2017 at 8:03pm
Hi,
If you don't need a virtual terminal then you can cancel PayPal pro if Braintree fulfills all your payment needs

From your description it is likely that it was the PayPal which is part of Braintree which was not working for you for some reason. A quick call to Braintree would have got them to sort it out. They have a special team for Braintree so do not underestimate this. See http://www.sellr.co.uk/braintree" rel="nofollow - www.sellr.co.uk/braintree for the phone number at the bottom.

If you prefer to use the normal PayPal express then switch off PayPal in the Braintree config screen on RomanCart.

I'm not sure how changing the template would change anything unless maybe you edited it to remove PayPal from the basket page. If you still have PayPal switched on in Braintree then make sure the PayPal button on the checkout page is working as that does exactly the same thing.

If you get any further issues please phone us or email us directly so we can look into it straight away as we would like to help.

Many Thanks
Support

Date Posted: 10 July 2017 at 10:27am
Thanks for your help.
I spoke to Braintree this morning and have decided it was best to stick with paypal pro as the card payments take 3 days and with pro its in my account same day. I thought i had to reconfigure the payment method but it is only on there as an option.
There must have been a short term bug which stopped paypal pro talking to RC an I should have rang you guys first. Anyway hopefully all sorted and the plus side is I ended up with a better checkout layout!

Date Posted: 10 July 2017 at 10:31am
Hi,
Thanks for the update.
Many Thanks
Support

Print Page | Close Window