RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setting Success to paid ????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by raineshoe raineshoe wrote:

Originally posted by Razzinitup Razzinitup wrote:

A satisfactory resolution is leave it be. I will have to now work out a new way of doing things, which is OK until support decide to meddle again.
Just leave this sort of stuff alone, it benefits nobody

Have to say if its "left be" Romancart will be left behind in the dark ages while all the other carts out there over take it. Unless a cart such as Romancart changes and moves with the times we won't have a cart to worry about. Your choice!!

True, except RC have a habit of replacing functions rather than enhancing them, and to make matters worse it's generally a big surprise when it happens.

People get used to working a particular way. Monday's a bad day to drop the latest bombshell because most of us are dealing with orders from Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

All that's needed is a brief summary of upcoming changes emailed to the cart owner every month. At least people will know that changes are afoot. Shouldn't be too difficult - RC have no problem communicating with me when it's time to renew.

Edited by rscass - 23 January 2012 at 11:32pm
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 8:18am
Support
re - point at which the product manager marks an item as settled, I have the following answer direct from Worldpay
Thank you for contacting WorldPay.

"Worldpay does not send a status called "Paid", so, as you mention, this must be how your shopping cart is interpreting the "Authorised" status. You would need to contact Roman cart for assistance on customizing how their software interprets the various payment statues we send. So, for instance, when we send AUTHORISED they could perhaps show a status in their cart of "Pending". Then when a transaction is moved to CAPTURED, your cart could show "Paid"."

so by the cart marking the item as "Paid" when it is only "Authorised" means that the stock control function and also payment records for the new accounting feature will not be correct if we decide to refuse rather than accept a payment.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 9:01am
Hi,
WorldPay returns a transStatus value of Y or N to indicate if a transaction is successful.

We do not know if the transaction was 'Authorized' or 'Captured'

With this in mind, the stock will be reduced if the transStatus received is Y.

With WorldPay I am not aware that RomanCart would receive a further 'Captured' message at a later time.

It may be that we can improve on the WorldPay integration, which we will be able to look at once the current work is completed.

Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 9:03am
Hi,
Actually having said all that, The stock should be reduced whether or not the transaction is Authorized or Captured. The only issue is how the stock is returned if you decline the transaction. This will probably have to always be a manual process unless WorldPay sends a message if you reject a transaction.
Many Thanks
Support
Razzinitup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razzinitup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:32am
This change has no benefit to anyone. I did think of using a custom setting as suggested but these options are not available when using multiple carts from one manager, so now I have to delete added cart to use it. Anyone else have a solution to this other than reversing the change.
RC, could you possibly listen to your customers please.
I have been with RC for at least 8 years; I had a system that worked , and now its changed for no benefit.
Luckily this is my slow time. If this sort of thing is done spring onwards it could put our operation in serious trouble.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:34am
Hi,
As per earlier post which perhaps you missed.
Use 'Set to Paid (Information Only)'
Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razzinitup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:45am
Yes, seen that post, trouble is "Set to paid(info only)” does not send an email to the customer informing them we have accepted their order?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:52am
Hi,
Which payment gateway are you using?
Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razzinitup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:54am
Barclays EPDQ
Dave
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 12:19pm
Support regarding when an order becomes paid, I understand that the cart either marks payment gateway sales as either Paid or Not Paid so I guess we have to live with that however we need to know how to change the status back to unpaid if we decide to not accept a payment. You said -
If an order is paid then the only way to make it Not Paid is by setting it to 'Not Paid', 'Refunded' or 'Chargeback'.
We do not wish to use Refunded or Chargeback because neither are true if we just refuse to accept a payment prior to capture so can you please tell me does the "Not Paid" generate an email to the customer and if so what does that say and is there a way to make any message sent into a custom one?
Also with the new account system how will an order marked as "Paid" when it has only been authorised (not captured) that we decide not to accepted and then mark "Not Paid" be shown?
Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic