RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show Basket/Cart Icon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show Basket/Cart Icon
    Posted: 22 July 2017 at 11:22am
Hello

I am setting up a wordpress site to replace my existing site. This is published but within a folder on my website. All the shopping cart add to basket links work but, although I can paste a view basket button into the sidebar it does not function. I would prefer a widget with a logo of a shopping cart. I am not using the Roman Cart Wordpress shop, preferring to add purchase buttons to my pages in the appropriate places.

The button I have paste look right but nothing happens when you click on it, although the same code provides a button that does work in my old Frontpage developed site.

Do you have code for widget or button that would work from a wordpress sidebar (even better if I could get it into the header but I see no option to add anything on my theme - The free version of Sparkling.

Thank you.
DavidE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 12:30pm
Further to this it now seems to work, in the sidebar and footer widget, although wordpress kept altering the code after I'd pasted it in. However it would be nice to also have a shopping basket icon? and get this in the header.
MountMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 8:21am
There are plenty of basket icon on the web, just use the same code you have for the view basket button , but assign you basket icon to it, instead of the view basket button, and put it in the header of your site in the master template
Keep well
Steve
I know one day my boat will come in - knowing my luck I will be at the Airport !

www.frontierpicturemounts.com
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 8:44am
Hi,
See http://www.romancart.com/sell-more/tabs/how_it_works_examples.html#d for a simple example of what you need to do.
Just have a basket icon and hyperlink it to the basket url.

Many Thanks
Support
MountMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Hi,

Just have a basket icon and hyperlink it to the basket url.

Many Thanks
Support

Short way of saying what I said   

Edited by MountMan - 25 July 2017 at 10:16am
Keep well
Steve
I know one day my boat will come in - knowing my luck I will be at the Airport !

www.frontierpicturemounts.com
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 10:22am
Yes - absolutely
Many Thanks
Support
DavidE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 6:34pm
Thank you everyone I will give it another go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic