RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smartphone RC cart system needed urgently

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 1:55pm
Thunderbirds are go!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 3:37pm
One tiny though - the order succeed page and order fail pages are set up to be seen as PC pages - I have set-up smartphone pages for these tasks - but how can you force these pages to show on a smartphone? In other words has RC thought about this and implemented a solution???
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 3:40pm
Hi,
If you have set up a smartphone version of your website then wouldn't you use the same mechanism you are using to detect the smartphone in the first place to display the correct order complete page to your customer?
Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 4:16pm
Yes the smartphone order success page now reads ok etc. Another niggle on my Iphone is that it "saves" my email address. When you enter it in the relevant box with a few characters it "remembers" the entire address. Unfortunately your system is adding a blank space at the end of the remembered address so the confirmation email doesn't match. Assuming that RC is adding a space after the confirmation address this has me flummoxed. The only way to get the RC system to agree both emails are the same is to back erase the blank spaces - any ideas??? Actual buyers will abandon I fear.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezecare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 7:23pm
Hello,
At the bottom of my RC checkout page I am seeing a link

****removed link ***** (support)

Edited by Support - 03 December 2012 at 8:01pm
breezecare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezecare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 7:41pm
Another interesting issue.
I have one Paypal account (Australia) accepts all currencies.
I have 4 RC accounts.

Australia works fine.
Just turned on the UK mobile payments. Paypal doesnt recognise the Paypal express button from the UK Roman Cart shopping basket. It asks me to configure it, when it already has been done. I checked again on my australia account.

So it seems that you need different Paypal accounts for each currency to use Paypal express on different RC carts.

Also for some funny reason, my buttons dropped out and I have little ? marks in their place. They must get picked up from the server.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 8:03pm
Hi,
The link should be ok now.
The question marks you just saw would have been from us just fixing the previous issue. It should be ok now.

Please can you really spell out the paypal issue as i'm not sure I understand it.

Many thanks
Support
breezecare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezecare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 8:09pm
My Paypal account is in Australia. It accepts all currencies. So if a UK shopper buys from us they pay GBP through our Paypal. Up until now I have used PAypal Standard. I turned on the Paypal Express for the Australian site and configured it and works fine.

I then turned on the mobile potion on my RC UK cart. Obviously nothing to configure as I only have one Paypal Account and that has already been done. However when I now go to my RC UK site and attempt a purchase it tells me that Paypal Express is not configured.

Of course Paypal Standard still works as it goes through an API.

Hope this explains it better.

By law I can not have a UK Paypal account as I am not a UK resident
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 8:13pm
Hi,
Please can you email us your storeid and support tag (help/contact us)
Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 8:14pm
Hi,
Have you ever set up PayPal Express Checkout on your uk cart successfully?
Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic