RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remote Data Delivery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbettes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remote Data Delivery
    Posted: 16 January 2010 at 12:00am
We are using Remote Data Delivery on our website and all the product pricing is coming over perfectly when I use Modzilla, but when I use Internet Explorer I am see an error that says: "'roc_rdd_price_PHGW' is undefined" and the prices for all of our product are not coming across to our site. Can someone tell me why Remote Data Delivery is working for one browser and not another?
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 8:43am
Have you double checked your code against the stuff in product manager? I know seems obvious but quite often a small error in the code can have major implications and what works with one thing won't with another. What is your web site? Someone can take a look then at your source code and might be able to advise you.

Edited by raineshoe - 16 January 2010 at 8:44am
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:03am
Hi,
Make sure you don't have more than 50 products in the category and also make sure that all the itemcodes in the category don't have spaces or symbols - even if you are not using them. i.e. abc123 not ab/1 B.
Many Thanks
Support
rbettes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbettes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 3:16am
I have checked all the item codes and everything is okay... in Mozilla. What I cannot figure out is why all my prices come across just fine using Mozilla and no prices come across at all using IE. I am getting the error message that says the statement that pickups the price is undefined according to IE. IE just doesn't like the statement 'roc_rdd_price_(item Code)'. You can see an example of the differences between the two browsers by checking out the T-Shirts. Our website is www.pdfightshop.com. From the home page click on the red t-shirt. From the Apparel page, click on the word T-Shirt under the red t-shirt. If you bring up the site in Mozilla and again in IE you will see that in Mozilla the price of the first two t-shirts is $18.00 and $20.00 respectively. In IE the price of the t-shirts ss $20.00 and $25.00 respectively. The prices in Mozilla are coming from RomanCart. The prices in IE are coming from the Website. Notice the Caution icon in the bottom left corner of the IE screen that says: 'Done, but with errors on the page'. Double click on the icon for more information.
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:43am
Hi,

You're serving the website in quirks mode which means any errors are interpreted as the individual browser sees fit.

Try adding the missing '>' which should close the <body> statement. As the RDD javascript come straight after the <body> tag, I suspect the missing closing character is affecting the way IE interprets your page.

Hope this helps,
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 12:48pm
Knew someone would spot the possible problem. I always validate my web pages and this helps with finding things like missing html code. It is available as a tool with IE8 or you can try it from this link - http://validator.w3.org/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic