RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

customer adding comma in address

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: customer adding comma in address
    Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:31pm
Well I been addressing letters and cards for over 40 years and I have always put the comma after the door number and the street name all on the same line. It's a waste of a line just to have a number on it.

Yes, in some cases the address lines are packed full and send text off the edge, and to waste a whole line with a single number seems daft! Can't beleive nobody else has mentioned this. We are so close to stopping this nightmare I've been suffering for over 7 years! If someone needs to use a different line for the street they don't need a comma to do it for them?

Surley I get an award for the person who's waited the longest for a support answer?
I live in hope lol.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:16pm
Hi,
I think this is because in the case of an address, a comma does imply a new line.

Is it making the label address to big for the label?
Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:08pm
And another one..
RC20799869
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 10:38pm
Found one. I been deleting the comma but this one I didn't.
The address at the top right is correct but on the bottom label which I print onto labels, you will see the comma forces the rest down a line.
store 25978
invoice RC20751326

For the last 7 years I have been deleting the comma before printing.
As for the other problem, a word that hyphenates 1 letter onto the next line doesn't make sense as if the hyphen wasn't there it wouldn't put the last letter on the next line.

so example..
43 new street
with a comma does this..
new street.

Edited by peter.pwa - 15 July 2017 at 11:25pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 8:15pm
Hi,

Please can you explain what you mean.
Where are you seeing this happen?
Please can you post or email us an order number which demonstrates the issue you are reporting with details of how to see it.

I'm not sure why this was not replied to originally. Apologies for that.

Many Thanks
support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 8:01pm
Patient, now 5 years on, I have been very patient. I'm still getting this problem. Please, someone look into this please.
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 6:30pm
ROFL. Yeah, sorry. How silly of me to expect an answer so soon!
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 5:51pm
Please be patient Peter.

peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 5:46pm
Still get this problem! any ideas support please?
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 5:09pm
I have noticed that when a comma is put after the house number, like '20, the street', the road name jumps down onto a new line. Can you not have it ignore commas?
Also, a long street name on the address on the delivery lable can hypenate onto another line whereas it dosent on the top of the invoice.
Do I need to alter text size or spacing when printing onto the RC labled papers?

Edited by peter.pwa - 29 September 2010 at 5:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic