RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Currency Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Currency Conversion
    Posted: 26 January 2015 at 5:05pm
Hi,

You can now add a currency converter to the cart, widgets and storefront.

Note that this features is in beta.

To try it out go to 'tools'/'options'/'General' and switch on the 'Allow Currency Conversion' option.

Please let us know if you get any problems.

Note that with widgets, storefront and cart templates you can use <ROC_othercurrencies> to position the currency value displayed.

Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 26 January 2015 at 5:07pm
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 11:42am
Support, tried this quickly last night as not much time free,I ticked the Allow Currency Conversion, it did not add to the widget.
I tried adding the code <ROC_othercurrencies> again nothing.
Maybe I am doing something wrong?
Or could be that when I modified my widget that I took out something that is now needed for showing the currency?
Turned off again for now as I do not like the blue on the cart page against our dark background.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 11:46am
Hi,

Please check the widget instructions as they have changed slightly to accommodate currencies.

You need to add the store id to the roc-button url and add the <ROC_othercurrencies> tag to your widget template.

Try it with the test widget (show me the widget) on a product to see it working.

Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 11:51am
OK will try to find a spare moment later
Red
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 2:32pm
One quirk I have noticed is that if the purchaser is in the UK the alternative currency being show in the Euro. Surely it should by GBP automatically? Apart from this I think it works well.
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 2:49pm
Hi,

If the cart prices are in GBP and the user is in the UK, the extra currency shown will be EUR.
If the cart prices are in a different currency then the extra currency displayed would be GBP.

What would you prefer to see?

Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 3:07pm
We only sell in GBP and if the purchaser is in the UK he/she wouldn't expect to see the Euro shown as an alternative value. If the purchaser is in France or Germany - yes he/she would. In the ideal world if the purchaser is in the UK he doesn't need to see any alternative price at all! It only becomes relevant if the purchaser is outside the UK. I realise a simple request like this can cause a lot of work in coding terms - I am simply looking at through the eyes of the purchaser.
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 3:30pm
Hi,

We have tried to make it similar to the previous functionality which showed the currency in USD and EUR if the prices were in GBP.

Were you not using that?
(I think we assumed that merchants using the new feature were already using the old one.)

We could add an option to hide the currency if the geolocation is the same as the cart pricing currency.

Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 3:38pm
I was using the Euro and dollar to cover as many bases as possible in the old system. If you can use the geo-location to determine the alternative currency option so much the better. The more control merchants have in what is being shown the better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 3:53pm
We used to like the way it always showed Euro and Dollar conversions in the old system, regardless of what the destination country was. Annoyingly, the conversions disappeared altogether when this new feature was announced. So I have turned on the beta option to display conversions, but it only ever shows euros. It never shows dollars. And it never shows more than one alternative currency. This seems to be regardless of the destination country chosen?

Andy
www.christianbits.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic