FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'an error has occurred'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'an error has occurred'
    Posted: 18 January 2018 at 4:19pm
Hi Support,

any view on whether the cyrillic element in our customer's address would have had an impact on their transaction failure?

with thanks,

Jem
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 3:53pm
Hi,
If it worked for you and not for the customer then the customer entered something different.
It will have been what was entered which threw it.
As per earlier post we will be making a number of enhancements in the next couple of months which should prevent this in the future. At least it should tell you what the actual problem was.
Note that it works fine with normal data obviously, this is something different.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 3:36pm
Hi Support,

As above.

Name, address, email, telephone, delivery address etc. Then he pressed the button to pay by card which is what triggered the 'an error has occurred' message.

I manually inputted his details as order 21411212 (cart 26525).

What do you suspect happened?

All of the usual pop-ups and prompts for incorrectly formatted fields appear to be working absolutely normally.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 3:03pm
Hi,
That will be something different.
If you can get the exact details that the customer entered we will be able to see what the problem is.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 1:59pm
One of my customers has reported the same 'error has occurred' prompt when trying to pay by Worldpay via both a 4G and a 3G connection.

He got as far as completing the name and address details and hitting the 'pay by card' button which sends that information from Romancart to Worldpay.

There is no trace of an attempt to pay in the Romancart sales manager, therefore I'm assuming that the information was lost before it made it to Worldpay.

Richard.
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 11:18am
Hi RomanCart,

more feedback from my customer in China says that his address for posting is in Bulgaria and in the Cyrillic script - could that be causing the problem?

with thanks

Jem
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 9:19am
Hi RomanCart,

thanks for that - I don't believe our customer is ordering in Chinese, just trying to get one of our ebooks while he's working out there.

We don't generally get orders from the China market so we've not experienced this before. Would this double character set issue impact on anyone ordering from China?

with thanks,

Jem
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 3:30pm
Hi,

It will be an issue with specific characters which are being entered by the customer. (Double byte charter sets)

We don't have an immediate fix for this however in the next few months we will be making major back end changes for compliance with the new GDPR regulations.
This issue will actually be fixed as part of those changes.

Many Thanks
Support
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 1:12pm
Thanks Jack,

the customer says he's not having an issue with ordering from other sites, only with ours. Apparently he's tried different browsers, different places (office, home etc) and different 'VPNs' (not entirely sure what those are) but without success.

These aren't high value goods he's after, just a couple of ebooks, but I'd like to resolve it as there may be other customers experiencing the same issue but who aren't getting in touch with us - I'm just not sure what I can check at this end which might let me know where it's all going wrong

Jem
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 12:31pm
Customer has no money in account? Card dodgy? Back-up card out-of-date?
  Share Topic