RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Product categories in storefront

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product categories in storefront
    Posted: 10 February 2018 at 6:07pm
Hi,

OK, thank you - just put it in the stocksource of the copied item(s).

Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 5:53pm
Hi,

The stocksource identifies the itemcode to get he stock from.
Therefore if you have a main item which you copy, put the itemcode of the main item in the stocksource of the copied item(s).

Many Thanks
Support
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 5:40pm
Hi,

Yes, I understand that the category doesn't matter, but do I need to fill these details out on the original item, or just the copied ones?

Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 5:31pm
Hi,
The stocksource is the itemcode of the product to deduct the stock from. The category does not matter.

Many Thanks
Support
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 5:21pm
Hi,

Ah yes, thank you. I see that now! :)

When using the stocksource option to link the stock back to the original item, if someone purchases the item from another category, does the stock automatically come down on the original item, or do I have to do the stocksource link in that one as well?

Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 4:59pm
Hi,
Once you copy the item you can move it into any category in the product properties,
Many Thanks
Support
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 4:33pm
Hi,
Can I copy a product that is in a category of one supercategory, to a category within a different supercategory?

Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 3:05pm
Hi,
A product is in a category which is in a supercategory.
When you copy a product you can move it wherever you like. It needs a different itemcode but can have the same itemname.
Many Thanks
Support
Caryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 2:22pm
Hi,
Thank you. To do this, I would also have to give the item a new item code, wouldn't I?
Can this also done between Super Categories?

Many thanks,
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 2:08pm
Hi,
Yes, simply copy the item(s), put them in the new category, then use the stocksource option to link the stock back to the original item.

Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 10 February 2018 at 2:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic