RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 customer 2 orders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ulefos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 customer 2 orders
    Posted: 22 January 2010 at 5:35pm
Hi

I am not sure if this is a problem my end or just our customers checking things out.
I use paypal standard it seems that my sales manager is showing 2 orders for 1 customer, 1st one not paid, 2nd one paid, it seems to be happening alot.
Is there something i can do to stop this, or like i said could it be customers having problems, should i put extra instructions on my site, or is it just one of those things.

any ideas would be greatful

teresa

raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:22pm
I've had this happen occasionally and I think sometimes they miss doing the payment through Paypal and put it through again as they don't realise you have the order.

I have looked at these orders the completed ones and ones which failed and they are often for the same items. Also, I have on occasions rung people up if they have had several fail to see why and its usually "oh I hit the wrong button and couldn't get back, or I decided to finish it later, or I couldn't remember my Paypal password".

The customer then rectifies the reason why they didn't continue the payment and starts again as they think the order hasn't gone through at all.

As people become more in tune with your web site and how the cart works it happens less to I think.

I also, don't think you can really stop it, but you could put an explanation page on your site. They probably won't read it though as I have all payment information on my site and what to do if payment fails etc but no one ever seems to read it.
Probably not anything you are doing, but stand corrected if I'm wrong, but don't think so.
ulefos View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ulefos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 9:36pm
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated, had 1 customer tried 4 times today before order was completed the rest failed. Hopefully my customers will get use to it after all.
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 9:53am
Oh yes, I've had that with 4 attempts. So long as there get there in the end. I personally don't think the cart is that difficult to use ie self explanatory, but then you are dealing with the public!!!

Also, another thought if you use Nochex (I have that to) I find that there are a higher number of fails with that as the info has to be exact otherwise Nochex reject the payment, the client then starts entering it all again for another go.
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 12:34pm
Hi,

When this happens to us, 99% of the time a look at the website tracking shows that the customer has been returned to the order failure page from Paypal. The reason for the fail is unknown, but at least we know that the customer is starting again because they've been told that their 1st attempt failed.

When you say they're trying to pay multiple times, I assume they're actually having several new orders on Romancart because they've had a failure. Do you have web tracking so that you can see which pages they're going to? Are they going to your failure page?

Paypal fails are more common that SagePay for us, but less common than the people who complain on here about some other services such as Nochex.
ulefos View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ulefos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 9:41pm
Hi Mr P
In sales manager there are several orders from the same person, 1 order not complete then the next (from the same person) completed, i have had another 3 un-completed orders today. I have contacted these people to see where the problem is, only one has said they have had problems with there own paypal account. I dont have any error messages in my cpanel so i can only see that its a problem with the customer. I am looking at adding HSBC merchant account soon but not sure with orders not being completed, more to the point not knowing why. I think i will just have to see how it pans out, perhaps i need to upgrade my paypal to pro who knows???
but thanks for your comments much appreciated
teresa
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 9:53pm
Hi,
A 'Not completed' order is created on the 'connecting to ....' page.
For example if a customer goes to the PayPal payment page and then decides to go back to the cart or your website then you will get a 'not completed' order. This is not really significant especially if the customer completes the purchase on a further transaction.
If you get a lot of 'Not Completed' transactions where the customer never completes the transaction then it is a good idea to contact the customers concerned to see why they did this.
Many Thanks
Support
MountMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 9:49am
Funny we had a "Not Completed" order today, I think they had a problem with PayPal, because the 2nd order was paid for by her boyfriend, both orders for the same product and the address was the same. I had another one about 6 months ago, then the customer was in dispute with PayPal, so the order was a "Not Completed" I emailed her and she sent a cheque for the products.
Keep well
Steve
I know one day my boat will come in - knowing my luck I will be at the Airport !

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic