RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > What do other carts do that RomanCart does not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customer account

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razzinitup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 10:35am
Bumping this one up again as I really would like this feature. Alot of sites give the option of creating an account or just go to fast checkout.
We should be able to do this.
Most of my customers are repeats. We get loads of call asking about previous orders so this would realy help me.

softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 4:23pm
Bumping again after another 12 months of no enhancement in this direction. Please add (optional) "create account" facility in checkout page, so customers can checkout more quickly next time. Even better if it can remember their card details, but I suspect that is one step too far....!
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 9:43pm
Hi,
Customers can already log in to see previous orders.
They can also 'remember their details for next time'

With this in mind, we really struggle to see how having an extra step in the checkout where a customer has to enter a username and password would help.

Please do spell it out to us - as I think we must be missing something.

Many Thanks
Support
softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 11:16pm
Hi support

Well, as others have discussed in this thread in the past, the "remember details for next time" is not a particularly satisfactory way to retain account details. The info gets lost if the customer clears their cookies, or buys a new machine, changes their web browser, or wants to place an order in a library or other public access area. Plus, it does not remember any card details, which would make checking-out really painless.

As for you saying that the customer can already log in to view their previous orders, I am not aware of any way to do this. Perhaps I am missing something?

Best wishes

Andy Rigby
www.christianbits.co.uk
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 11:25pm
Hi,

Se 'website'/'allow customers to access invoices'

Unfortunately RomanCart would not be able to remember card details as that falls into the scope of PCI compliance. (RomanCart does not come into contact with card details which enables us to be 'Out of Scope' with regard to PCI).

Many Thanks
Support
ckart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 5:10pm
I’m with the no to accounts on this one unless it is optional. I was happy to move from EKM which had customer accounts to the far easier RC system. It was just another password for customers to remember & caused more hassle than it was worth.

I do have a couple of customers that would like to be able to access invoices. I can see how to add a log in form, but can’t see how the password is set up in the first place, any pointers?
www.nfed.co.uk
Connecting the central southern equestrian community since 1999
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 5:57pm
Hi Ckart,

To setup a password for the merchant see 'marketing > customer relationship manager'. Edit a contact and there will be the option to assign them a password. We will hopefully be making this process automatic for the customer in the future.

Thanks

James
ckart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 6:28pm
Thanks James
www.nfed.co.uk
ckart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 8:25pm
I've just tried this out with a test account that contains orders, I can log in OK but no orders are found?

Does it have to be activated anywhere else?

Steve
www.nfed.co.uk
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 8:33pm
Hi,
Are the orders actually Paid?
Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic