RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drop Cart improvements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 11:18pm
You have a CSS style for all links on your page, lines 352-375 on your bikemaps.css stylesheet.

a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active, etc.

Remove all four and it fixes the dropdown checkout text. Hardly Romancart's fault, a link is a link.

Of course, any links without one of your many other styles applied will grow in size, so you will need to come up with another class OR compromise on the text size.

I'm not a web design expert, but there must be another workaround, possibly something as simple as changing the font to a sans-serif type?

I'll post if I think of something which requires the least amount of rewriting.

Richard.

Edited by rscass - 03 March 2015 at 11:28pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 8:31am
Hi,

We have found a way to force our css to ignore yours, so it should be ok now.

Many Thanks
Support
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 9:08am
Support
Ok, thanks, I thought that would have been the easiest solution.

It would appear that you had not thought about the effect of your clients css once you start creating features that are actually going to sit on a clients page (as opposed to the basket etc) and so hope this has been helpful exercise.

It does also raise the question that I posed to start with about improvements to the feature and why you are adamant that you could not change it.

For the future I would advocate that you give us more control by giving us access to the css so we can edit ourselves - this way we would have been able to easily fix this issue but it also gives scope that we can adapt the css so the feature looks like it is part of our website design.

Rscass
thanks for your time in looking at my css and finding the relevant code. I suspect we are not the only ones to have these lines of code; so think Support was correct to alter the code their side. I did have a look on the Romancart Mall to see how it effects other sites but after going through every site on the accessories page and not finding one site that uses the drop cart I gave up. Maybe now more sites will use it.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 9:13am
Hi,

We are really pleased that you like it. Sorry that the mechanism cannot be customized but hopefully you will find it useful in its current form.

rscass - many thanks for looking into this which saved us a lot of time!

Many thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 04 March 2015 at 9:14am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 9:30am
Hi Support

Sorry I don't like it very much - the checkout is of course better, but on the whole it is not a good design (as originally stated in my first post asking for improvements)

Edited by rich-erich - 04 March 2015 at 9:31am
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 9:42am
Hi Rich-erich

You're welcome. True, much better to be able to edit the drop-cart. I just like puzzles. Keeps me off the streets.

Richard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 2:48pm
So I suppose it wasn't rocket science...

To make the drop cart work we are told to link to this file which is stored on romancarts site

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://remote.romancart.com/dropcart/ROC_dcstyle.css">

So why not create our own css and so link to that instead of romancarts.

So now I can change the design to this.

http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/peak-district-mtb/test.htm

I still cant change the triangle but can change the pointer to a hand when it hovers over it, change the colour background, checkout colour, table colour, borders etc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 4:11pm
Hi Support

As per last post I have found a way of modifying the drop down and am now looking at going live. I am a bit puzzled why you did no tell me I could do this but obviously if there was a reason please let me know.

Thans
Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic