RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cart empty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cart empty
    Posted: 15 March 2010 at 2:07pm
I am having an intermittent problem with checking out.
We are using zero payment method to accept cash payment. Occassionaly when we click 'click here to complete the order' it comes up with 'cart empty' and not the thank you page.
The transaction then shows in the sales manager but does not take off the tickets from stock control in the product manager.
Any ideas??
Thanks for your help.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 2:16pm
Hi,
It is likely that it has been left on the checkout page to allow the cart to expire - approx 1 hour, before clicking on the button to pay.
Many thanks
Support
123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 3:53pm
Thanks for your reply. I have tried waiting an hour but the transaction goes through as it should. Do you have any other ideas please?
Thank you!
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 4:46pm
Hi 123,

If the cart is empty, the transaction in the sale manager is probably incomplete, i.e. it's not been paid and so the stock wouldn't be reduced.

I think you mis-understood Support's previous answer - they meant that the cart had been left on the checkout page for more than one hour before someone clicked the button to pay. Waiting like that will cause the cart to expire and be emptied. You waiting an hour before trying again will result in the transaction going through properly, unless you wait more than an hour between adding the items to your cart and clicking on the 'pay' button.
123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 5:23pm
Hi Dave P,
Just to clarify, I added two items to the basket, filled in the address etc on the checkout page then waited an hour to hit the 'complete transaction' button.
Waiting an hour on checkout.asp let the transaction go through fine - could it be to do with zero payment?
I shall now try waiting for an hour on cart.asp...

(We are using Romancart to order tickets online and through a box office. The box office accepts orders in person by using a promotion code that zeros the value of the order so that it can then go through without taking an online payment. It is the boxoffice that is having the occasional problems. Otherwise it all works great!)

thanks, again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic