RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > What do other carts do that RomanCart does not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confirmation emails questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marelro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confirmation emails questions
    Posted: 15 April 2010 at 9:38pm
Hi,
I am new to Roman Cart and plan to earn my first Euro on the internet.

I have a sales page which contains only 2 articles.
1) an e-book
2) the ebook + the audio version.

I plan to have two payment offers: Paypal and bank transfer (As regards to Paypal, things seem clear to me, at least theoretically as I still have to test it (that is find a friend who can purchase it with his/her credit card as I have read that you should not use your own one as Paypal could perhaps not like that.)

However for the bank transfer, there are some open questions.

Why bother to use it? In Germany - although Ebay pushes Paypal very hard and with some success, credit card payment is far from popular (no comparison as to many other neighbouring countries). So it is a customer requirement so to speak.

QUESTION 1:

Customer (me testing) clicks "add to basket", goes to "checkout", gives data and clicks the "pay per bank transfer" button. All well.

Now then appears a page with (I re-translated, this is not the original RC version):

"You may pay per bank transfer. However, the system cannot know automatically know when you have paid. Therefore, I will send you the download link "manually" to your e-mail-address as soon as the money is on my bank account. To this avail, please note your e-mail address in the field "reason for payment" of the bank transfer formula, e.g. Name.familyname@yourprovider.co.uk. My bank data are: M. R. acc. number 12345, bank code 123456 (name of bank).
Thank you for your order!
For confirmation you will receive an e-mail to your e-mail-address.
To print the invoice please click on the following link before you click on "go ahead" Print command: Strg+p on your keyboard
Isn't it odd (even wrong) to offer the invoice before completed payment?
How could I get rid of this sentence? (WITHOUT losing it for the paypal option).

Is there a way?

QUESTION 2: After receiving the money I set the sales manager to (set to paid send confirmation email).

Can I access/edit this this confirmation e-mail, e.g. add the download link directly?

Thank you very much for your precious time. I shall try to pay forward.

Support Oliver View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 12:53pm
Hi,

Regarding Question 1:It is quite common practice to offer an invoice before payment is completed. Unfortunately this cannot be changed.

Question 2: Confirmation emails for this type of transaction cannot be edited in the manner you are suggesting. We can only recomend sending an email manually with your direct download link.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
marelro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marelro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 2:03pm
Thank you very much for the speedy answer.
And I apologize that I have posted in the wrong category. I will be more careful next time.
Alpha Luxury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha Luxury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 11:59pm
Tbh, Ive always known the Invoice to be an Order to Pay...its shown to the customer with amounts on requesting them to pay it... thats what ive always done in previous jobs before entering the online game...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic