RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Control Panel and Website this Friday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:50am
Hi,
I just took a look and it seems to be ok. You can still setup up-sell and cross-sell on the product. The options in the drop down which are greyed out are new up-sell and cross sell features which are part of the professional upgrade. These include global and category based cross sell and upsells
Many Thanks
Support
bjcam View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:59am
Hi
Quote: No-one should be losing any functionality.

I have Silver level and will be losing functionality on two counts from what I can see so far:
  1. Password products (though you have now made them available for another year)
  2. Customer Order tracking
B J Cam
mobilecadsurveying View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Hi,
On which screen are you clicking on thie link?
Many Thanks
Support

Marketing>email marketing>schedule emails

But that link doesn't seem to work on any screens?
Measure - Survey - Draw in ONE operation Fast Accurate CAD Floor Plans.

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 12:33pm
One more problem I have just encountered

I tried booking a courier collection via the Book Delivery with Courier link and all was going well until I came to one of the last screens which then gave me the following message

Error - Contact RomanCart Support! - 120203 : Invalid ShipTo AddressLine2

Edited by mobilecadsurveying - 14 July 2010 at 12:34pm

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 12:36pm
Hi,
The message in you post is from UPS.
Edit the order and make the address line 2 shorter or fix any problems with it as UPS are not accepting that line.
Many Thanks
Support
genealogy_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genealogy_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 2:33pm
How long is too long? And what counts as any problem according to UPS?

As the error message appears on the RomanCart website, shouldn't RomanCart explain the error more?   
Regards
Genealogy Guy
## My storeid is 45617 ##
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 2:37pm
Hi,
There are thousands of possible errors returned by UPS. We do plan on enhancing this aspect and making the errors messages 'friendlier'.
I don't have the max length to hand, so just reduce it and try again. You can normally split the address better between lines 1 and 2. We have seen this a few times before.
Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by mobilecadsurveying mobilecadsurveying wrote:

Hi,
On which screen are you clicking on thie link?
Many Thanks
Support

Marketing>email marketing>schedule emails

But that link doesn't seem to work on any screens?

Support

Any idea about this one aswell?

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilecadsurveying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 4:23pm

Hi,
There are thousands of possible errors returned by UPS. We do plan on enhancing this aspect and making the errors messages 'friendlier'.
I don't have the max length to hand, so just reduce it and try again. You can normally split the address better between lines 1 and 2. We have seen this a few times before.
Many Thanks
Support

I guess its just trial and error then

Point - Shoot - Drawn!

tester1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:54pm
Hi support

First of all, let me say a big thank you. I know we all waited and waited but finally it's here. We've been really busy this week so I've only had time to take a cursory look but it looks great. You've addressed quite a number of things that were on my wish list. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now ... a question about the interaction of the old and the new control panels. How long will the old one be available for? What happens to the current set-ups on the old panel?

To be more specific, I took a look at one of the screencasts regarding the new despatch function. When I tested it out, I saw that the new despatch confirmation email is quite different from the old one. I'm concerned that I'm only scratching the surface here. I'll need to do some serious digging around to see what else has changed that might be affecting the "look" from the point of view of our customers. We have several carts and making changes to reconfigure each one would be a nightmare.

Hope I'm not being overly panicky.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic