RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gift wrap option

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gift wrap option
    Posted: 21 July 2010 at 5:02pm
Is it possible to have an option to add (paid for) gift wrapping in the basket/checkout? I can set this up now as a separate item for customers to add to the basket but it would be good to ask/remind everyone during the checkout process and be able to then add this to the total price.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 5:09pm
Hi,
Use up-sell and cross-sell for this.
Click here to watch the screencast on this
Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 21 July 2010 at 5:10pm
mlawrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 5:58pm
Yes, that's what I want, thanks. Unfortunately it only appears to be available for the highest level of sub... and I'm not using product manager.
mlawrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 2:01pm
Would someone from Support please clarify for me if this is only available to the top subscription level? I did try adding a product to the product manager and then adding a cross-sell gift wrap category, as per the screencast, and it let me do all of that without saying an upgrade was required, but it just doesn't work for me. Is that because I can't use cross-sell/up-sell at all with a Bronze subscription (in which case why does it let me add cross-sell items?), or am I just doing something wrong?
Thanks
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 2:07pm
Hi,
The best way is to use up-sell and cross-sell as er the screencast.
If you arenot wanting to upgrade, then you could add wrapping options as a non stock controlled modifer to your products which require it.
Many Thanks
Support
mlawrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 2:30pm
Thanks, that's what I have been trying to do, but I can't get it to work. I don't currently use the product manager, so I tried adding a test product and have the wrap option set as a cross-sell against this, but when I add the test item to the basket it doesn't offer the gift wrap option. If you think this is possible on my level subscription then I must be doing something wrong with the code.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 2:33pm
Hi,
You need the Professional upgrade to use cross-sell and up-sell. I'm not totally sure where you are seeing 'cross-sell'.
You should add the options as a non stock controlled modifier.
Many Thanks
Support
mlawrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 2:36pm
Sorry, I misread your last reply. If I now understand correctly, you're confirming I can't use cross-sell, but I can modify the code for each individual product item.
mlawrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 2:38pm
I see cross-sell in the product manager Add/edit Categories - same as in the screencast. As I said, it lets me enter details for a cross-sell item, it just doesn't work in the cart. Perhaps it shouldn't allow me to add cross-sell items at all?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 2:45pm
Hi,
No, that link should just link to the screencast - it won't work if you add anything there any way (this is being fixed).
However, on a product use a modifier e.g. itemname2.
Call it 'Wrapping' and give it values of 'Wrapped' and 'Bag' or whatever.
Add any prices for this.
Then click on 'show me the code' and you can use that.
It is a bit more work though than if you were to use up-sell or cross-sell.
Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic