RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > What do other carts do that RomanCart does not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Integration with Google – EBay Maybe in the pipe l

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Integration with Google – EBay Maybe in the pipe l
    Posted: 19 October 2010 at 5:17pm
I have had an email response from RC support indicating that they would like to have some form of integration with Google ;( I’m assuming they mean Google Merchant) and EBay.

I have to say from my personal point of view this is very welcome especially some form of feed for Google Merchant to promote the products / items we have for sale , and let’s face it that’s what we are all here to do is sell, and to do that increased visibility of items is the name of the game.

If you would like to see and encourage RC in this direction please do post reply’s   adding your comments, as it does appear that the moor demand for certain improvements the more likely it is to happen.

My tech skills get a bit sketchy when it comes to data feeds that make Google and eBay integration possible, but one would imagine it would not be so much of a big leap if the live data is available for this, that it may also be available to be used for decent integration into accounts packages.

Don’t keep us in the dark RC chuck some suggestions and possibilities at us all and gauge the responses.

Keep up the good work RC

Martin
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 8:11pm
Automatic Google datafeed generation would save a lot of time and be really helpful.

Ebay however can't even get their own software to work properly so I wouldn't hold your breath for a working RC-eBay feed!
ponyandcarriage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:35pm
Hi rscass
I am inclined to agree with you on the eBay front.
An automated feed to Google Merchant would be great this is something many other carts have.
From the control panel even a simple method of mapping a secure a feed out would be good, if using RDD all the data is in their product id description price weight.
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 6:37am
Hi,

We don't use the product manager so it wouldn't be much use to us, we load Google from a separate database. You need to store the image locations somewhere, that's not in the PM so you'd need to add that.

Integration with ebay orders into the sales manager would be a useful addition, along with integration to Amazon's merchant centre to allow Amazon and ebay sellers to get all of their orders into one place. It can be done, as there are other companies claiming to do it, although I think getting these companies to provide the interface formats etc can be a bit of a hassle
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 10:45am
I'd love a link to all these other outlets as would make life a lot easier.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 11:04am
Hi Dave
That’s interesting I wonder what proportion of RC stores use the product manager?

A couple of cheeky questions Dave, you don’t use PM, is that because of the hassle of multi-platform selling stock control and accounting or just the way things evolved for you?

I have only in the last week come back to looking at a feed to Google products (Google Merchant) have you found Google submission a quantifiable good benefit to your business?

In the last 12 hours I have been trying to submit some test products to Google merchant using an uploaded text delaminated format, but they keep getting rejected so I must be doing something wrong .

PM has an upload facility for product pictures for cross sell etc. May be this would negate the need for separate picture location.

I have to say that RC approach has been good for our business – online selling seems to be changing and moving forward so fast, hence the reasoning of looking at additional ways to maximise exposure and stay upfront.

Although we have no intension of switching, but as you mention some other carts do have these facilities which makes us look longingly at automation.

Martin
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by ponyandcarriage ponyandcarriage wrote:

A couple of cheeky questions Dave, you don’t use PM, is that because of the hassle of multi-platform selling stock control and accounting or just the way things evolved for you?

Hi Martin,

It's both really; we started with Romancart before the Product Manager existed and using an Access database system to do stock, ordering, customer support etc. With several hundred products we didn't want the hassle of updating the PM manually, RDD slows the site down because of the amount of javascript required to run it and we have a multi-platform business which makes stock control almost impossible on RC. It would be good to have one, web enabled, multi-platform order and stock control system instead of having to use several different systems, some of which aren't available on the internet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:36pm
Thanks Dave

Come on Oliver support

Chuck your ten pence worth in! Don’t think company line - let it all spill out

In regards to this thread what sort of things are in the realms of easily technically possible to implement by RC.

Perhaps an individual store ID feed in and out of all PM RDD data, and let us pick up and do with what we will

Oliver you know you want to chirp in, we won’t hold you to it (much) , seriously RC seem to be a dynamic company, push out some ideas and thoughts to us.

Best I get back to some real productive work!

Martin

phil4v19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil4v19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 7:43pm
I am currently trying to decide whether to subcribe- I think upload to google base and ebay would definitely be a massive help and incentive to choose this cart
Phil Coles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 10:07pm
Hi Phil
If you are in the balance of subscribing to roman cart, I can thoroughly recommend it.

Don’t hold back on the thought of eBay or Google merchant integration or feeds!

The reality is that although it would be nice and I am sure will eventually come, in my honest opinion this form of shopping cart intergradation into standard html webpages with good SEO is likely to bring you a higher Google ranking page and so MORE SALES than many other database driven shopping carts.

And although we all moan on a little on this board, RC do a dam good job and has certainly done our business good.

All the Best

Martin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic