RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I really MUST insist now...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pluribus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really MUST insist now...
    Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:28pm
Hi Romancart

I'm afraid using RC with more than 1000 products is no longer very workable. When I need to bulk upload/download products for any reason (changing my prices when suppliers change theirs for example) being restricted to 50 products is simply not acceptable. RC is the only shopping cart I have used in my 15 years of web design that has this restriction. You dont even have an option to download the first set of 50 products, then the second set, the third and so on.

Many, many people have requested this rediculous limit be increased and your responses so far have been quite non-committal. After a quick forum search I have come up with the responses

"You can only export 50 products at a time",
"You can only export products in groups of 50. Not just the first 50",
"there are no plans to upgrade this",
"we are working on an upgrade to this",

Indeed, on the 23rd February 2009 you wrote that you were currently "re-writing the import/export functions".

Your standard response seems to be that your systems can not cope with any more than 50 products at a time. To be quite frank, I dont believe you. Unless your systems are built on Windows 3.1 servers running on pre-pentium 486 boxes that is...

I imagine your back end is written with a sql database and it wouldnt take much to adjust the exporting feature to a decent level.

Come on Romancart, give your users not only what they want (after all, we are paying you for the service) but what you have been alluding to for over a year according to my last example above.

I really must insist you make the change or I, and many others like me, will switch to another cart that does everything we need as standard.

Sorry for the rant but this has been annoying me, and others for some time and you are not doing anything about it.

Ian
Store ID: 45754
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 7:35am
I think 50 products is quite low too. Its frustrating as I have 800 products and I usually land up doing it all manually as can't be bothered with the faff of setting it to download the 50 products all the time.

I notice Paypal if you have a large amount to download to excel or similar send you an e-mail when its been compiled and then you can download. It usually only takes a few minutes but is kind of there in the background.
milton07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milton07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 5:19pm
bump
Timz83 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timz83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 10:40am
I take the OP and second, third, fourth and fifth it!

Come on Roman Cart lets get it sorted, my previous posts include

http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9283&KW=&PID=41188#41188 (this one from Feb 2009)

http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10293&KW=&PID=45687#45687

http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9832&KW=&PID=43656#43656

in both cases you were looking into this now nearly a year ago, and still every week i have to import new stock levels from our main system 50 at a time!
Timz83 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timz83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:56am
bump
pluribus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pluribus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:08pm
It would be nice if Romancart actually bothered to take notice of this thread once in a while to see what their users actually want...

Maybe they just dont know how to change it and are embarrassed to tell us? Perhaps we should club together as a user base and get them some sql training? Just a thought...
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by pluribus pluribus wrote:

It would be nice if Romancart actually bothered to take notice of this thread once in a while to see what their users actually want...

Maybe they just dont know how to change it and are embarrassed to tell us? Perhaps we should club together as a user base and get them some sql training? Just a thought...

Actually, somewhere else on the suggestions and improvements board Romancart have stated that they tend to only look at the suggestions and improvements rather than comment on them.

If you want or are so desperate for a response it might be better to e-mail Romancart or place this on a part of the forum where they do post replies.
pluribus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pluribus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 11:11am
Finally, a response from RC. I got this email below, earlier this morning. Dont get your hopes up...

To: Ian

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in replying to your email.

We did plan on doing this for the new control panel however we realised that it is a very complex area that would have delayed the release by months. Therefore we were working on it but development was halted.

It has become clear that our priority needs to be the adding and enhancing of marketing features in RomanCart as these help the merchant to increase their profits. Features such as product export will no doubt make product management easier for some merchants but will likely have no effect on the amount of money the merchant is making.

For this reason enhancements to the product export functionality are unlikely in the near future.

Kind Regards,

RomanCart Support

milton07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milton07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:22am
Bump

We have thousands of products including digital downloads which is double the pain for us. If we could also work on the 25mb size limite per download that would help. Sadly with very bad customer service and these limitations we are after several years of using RC starting to look elsewhere. Shame.
Timz83 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timz83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 10:28am
If they are not even looking at it then this year i will also have to look at alternatives, RC is good and very convenient to intergrate but the world moves on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic