RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sales reports enhancement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sales reports enhancement
    Posted: 23 January 2011 at 7:32am
Hi,

I need to be able to split the sales report down to identify the payment process used. In my case, that's Paypal Standard, Sage Pay and Cheque. I need to be able to get the value of 'total sales' and 'sales where no tax was charged' to use in my accounts and for my VAT returns. As the payment gateways only know the value of the sale, they cannot show the taxable / not taxable split so as Romancart knows the split, it seems the sensible place to get it. Can you provide this split please?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 2:51pm
Hi,
Please can you clarify this. The sales reports do have an option for showing sales where tax was not charged and sales where tax is charged. What else are you wanting it to do?
Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 26 January 2011 at 2:51pm
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 6:40pm
Hi,

As I said in the post, I need to be able to split the report by payment process eg Sage Pay, Paypal Standard, cheque. You have all of the information, so what I'm after is to be able to report it so that I can use for my VAT and accounts.

Thanks for your help,
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2011 at 8:45am
Hi,

Any ideas on this?
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 8:04pm
bump
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 9:59am
Hi,
Unfortunately this is not something which we would do.
We recommend you export the data from the sales manager and use something like excel to create the reports.
Many Thanks
Support
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:10am
Hi Support,

Sorry but I don't find that acceptable. The data in the sales manager is inconsistent due to the data entered by the customer and, as many people have complained over the years, almost impossible to extract cleanly. Additionally, the sales reports contain different data to the exports, i.e. they're only for 'Paid' statuses. Thirdly, you already have the data in the sales reports; this is a simple addition which could benefit any merchant who is VAT registered.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:33am
Hi,
This is not the case, you can extract the data cleanly using the double quote option and/or the pipe delimiter.
This is exactly what the data export is for, so that you can export and create your own reports as you require.
There is no requirement of VAT registration that we are aware of that requires you to provide a report of orders by payment gateway. (Although I am not disputing that you may find such a report useful).
Many Thanks
Support
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Hi,
This is not the case, you can extract the data cleanly using the double quote option and/or the pipe delimiter.

Using double quotes and pipe delimiter I get 10% of this months orders with incorrect data on the export; missing all data after billing address field 2 for example. This means no tax data available to do the calcs. Yes I can then re-download the order using a differnet filter to see if I can get the data out of those orders, but I'll spend hours sorting it and checking it and next month the errors will be different.

Rather than individual merchants having to spend hours checking their data to make sure the export is correct, it much more sensible and easier to have the core system produce this report as it already has the data available.

The reason for splitting the data is because I take sales value from each payment gateway, as provided by the payment gateway. To match against that, I need to know the total amount of non VAT orders which the payment gateways cannot tell me but Romancart can. It seems simple enough to split the report by payment gateway and make it possible for merchants to see which payment gateways are taking the most money, get the tax splits etc.
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 4:00pm
Hi Support,

I'm still getting these faulty downloads, have you an explanation and a fix?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic