RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accounting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 9:15pm
I've got high hopes for this as it will save a lot of work if you succeed in making a really decent accounting add on to mange your profit/loss sales, cost of goods sold etc. Please make it as good as the rest of the cart!!!
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 7:30am
"I have a list here of features that I feel need finishing or customers have reported incomplete or feel need that little extra.

On this newer thread can you please reiterate the things that need polishing off as it were"

Dear Oliver this is good news - re the above can you list the features you already have on your list for finishing or needing that little extra we can then add to them for you if we feel that you have missed items.
Red
weddingpara View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weddingpara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 6:47pm
We have just moved to www.xero.com for all our accounting - online and our accountant just logs in to see what he needs.

Ours is a mix of long term clients, internet orders and shop sales - we just lump the internet orders in with the shop sales.

As we are now only playing at business according to Romancart (why did they ever change from Bronze to Hobby I find that quite patronising!) - we don't need Romancart to do anything else for us.
www.weddingparaphernalia.co.uk
mnby9rpj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnby9rpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 10:00am
Hi

I'm very excited about the new accounting features.   

I don't know about replacing my existing accounting software because you only keep data for 36 months and I need to keep electronic invoices for at least 6 years in case of investigation by HRMC.   

Being able to export sales data of more than a 1 month period would be useful for me.

I would personally like the graphs and reports section to be more detailed -with it showing gross profit, net profit etc.

Also, a facility for sending to accountant?
mnby9rpj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnby9rpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 10:01am
Are the features of current accounting tab ghosted on all accounts while it's being developed or do I need to activate it somehow?
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 6:29pm
I think you will find once you can use them provided you have the right level cart they won't be greyed out anymore.

I am hoping the accounting will be good.
cliff smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliff smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 1:03pm
Hi, I've been watching and waiting for the greyed out items to go live with interest. For what it's worth I think I would use RC for the sales ledger only. We're on invoice accounting so at present we have to change all Not Paid orders to Paid to export them for the VAT return - then mark them unpaid again to give us the correct creditors figure. I assume a once only tick box for those on Invoice Accounting could be coded to enable Not Paid invoices to be included in the sales totals. I don't think I'd use an online service for our purchase ledger. Many of our sales come in through Roman Cart so integration with the sales ledger is already well on the way. With the sales ledger everything from product cost, rates to accruals would have to be listed. Easy choice for me but I know many of you guys use the products manager with costs (we don't) so your purchase ledger is also partly integrated and calculating the gross profit is an obvious next step. Just my view. Hope it helps.
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 5:08pm
Hi Cliff,

Not sure why you're having to change the orders to Paid for the export? When I export orders from the Sales Manager, I get all orders at all statuses.
cliff smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliff smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 7:23pm
Hi Dave, Of course you are absolutely right, they all transfer whatever the status. But because I don't want to get caught out by the VAT inspector I always make absolutely sure the monthly totals on the report from RC are exactly the same as the totals we use from the .csv exported figures. Not Paid items do not get included in the RC reports (I just checked again in case I had missed a change!) so we set them all to Paid to get printed RC reports to compare and make absolutely sure both agree. Probably a bit over the top (accountancy background!) but I think this check is worth doing, especially as we have found occasional errors between the RC totals and the exported figures. Support - an example if you are listening. RC10647284 is included in our .csv export for 29/09/11 but not in the sales report totals for that day!). Still can't work out why. Regards, Cliff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic