RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Items made up of other items

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 3:32pm
Hi Support

In answer to your post this morning at 10.44am:

An example would be:

We have 10 products that we sell as individual items.
We want to sell all 10 products together for a special 'bundle' price.

When someone buys this bundle it would then be ideal if the cart would then reduce the stock of the individual items by the appropriate amount.

Bike Maps

<font color=BROWN>Mountain Bike Maps & Guides [/COLOR]
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 3:41pm
We have that same problem. The only way I've found to do it is set them up on a page on their own with new references, but linking the stock back to the original item. However, It is impossible then to get a reduced price for buying a bundled item. If you set these items up at new prices it only takes one customer to realise they could purchase the items from that page at a lower rate. If you put them at the same rate and try and discount the items it doesn't work either. Other carts seem to be able to do this satisfactorily, but I've never found a successful solution and tried all kinds of different methods with test pages and nothing works appropriately. I have spent several days trying to find a work around to no avail.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 3:44pm
Hi,
The way that other systems seem to do this is that if you buy products X and Y then you get a negative value item in the cart which says 'Discount for buying X and Y' -£5.99 which reduces the price.
Is that what you are needing?
Many Thanks
Support
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 4:08pm
No, the above is not what I am after.

I sell product A, B, C at £2 each.

However I want to sell al three items as a bundle - product D

So Product D is made up of one each of A, B & C

I want to be able to set the Price of Product D by allocating a set price in the products manager, and not by a set discount.

I want to set the name of Product D in the PM, and not for the cart to add the individual items.

So I want the flexibilty to adjust the price of Product D, as I do on individual products.

When one unit of Product D is sold, the cart recognizes this is composed of products, A, B, C and reduces the stock automatically.

Thanks
Bike Maps

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 4:10pm
Hi,
So the products in the bundle will always be the same? I think that rainshoes example was where the bundle contains varying products.
(Just trying to understand the scope of this).
Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 4:31pm
Yes

Product X is made up of products A & B
Product Y is made up of products A & D & F
Product Z is made up of products D & G & H

Bike Maps

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 4:32pm
Hi,
So if a customer bought product Z and product D was out of stock - what would happen?
Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 4:39pm
That would mean Product Z could not be made up and so would be out of stock

Bike Maps

raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 6:35pm
I might be after something slightly different. This is getting confusing LOL.

Anyhow for me

They buy product A and then can add products B, C, D etc to go with it.

So if product A was a palette B, C, D would be the paints to go in it ie they get a choice of colours.

These items can be bought separately currently, which I still want, but would like to offer them as a package together as "one item" if people wish.

In offering as "one item" I would like to have the option of either offering them at full whack as if bought separately, but also would like the option of being able to offer them at buy A and B, C, D etc and get at X price which could be 5%, 10% or what ever off that I chose.

I don't know how anyone else does it but they seem to be able to offer this as an option easier than we can.

At the moment the only way I've found I can do this is create a whole new page with all the products which is a pain. Set all the products up separately in the cart again, which again is a pain in the butt and then the final bit won't work as I've found whatever way I do it an unscrupulous customer could use it as a sly way to get a freebie or chepaer products because you can bet your boots they won't read what you put on the page.

I have about 4 or 5 items I could sell like this 10 times over, and get requests for it, but I just can't do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic