RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Postage: Smartstamp/Franking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Postage: Smartstamp/Franking
    Posted: 24 November 2011 at 7:10pm
Support,
With the ongoing fiasco with Royal Mail regarding Smartstamp, I mentioned in passing in the forum what a great idea it would be if Romancart could intergrate the system to within the Sales Manager.
One of our members replied:

Graham, I like the sound of your idea, If RC can find a way of integrating a Royal Mail on-line franking service into the system so that one Royal Mail OBA account is shared between a few thousand RC users this could be a solution to this crazy SmartStamp/OBA v.s. Fanking Machine fiasco.

I totally agree, and would therefore like to ask if you would consider it in your future plans, please.
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 3:08pm
It would be nice if RC could have a look at this as RM do offer substantial discounts to customers sending more than 5000 items a year - easily achieved by RC customers buying postage on an aggregate basis - but will RM see the light on this ....
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 7:20pm
Hi,
We have been asking the Royal mail for a number of years for a way to integrate their systems into RomanCart. Unfortunately at this time they do not technically offer a way of doing this. Feel free to contact them!
Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 9:12pm
Sounds typical of Rotten Mail
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 11:02pm
I can't see how integrating a shared OBA would work.

You could have hundreds of sellers all using the same poster number.

The bags aren't weighed when the post is dropped off. Account holders are only occasionally audited - but the penalties are severe if caught fiddling so one rogue retailer could close everyone's shared account.

Such a system would be a nightmare for Royal Mail to administer and too vulnerable to abuse - it's a non-starter.
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 7:26am
Maybe, but from my experience of Rotten Mail they won't even try to help anyone. The more of a hinderance Rotten Mail can be to small business the better it seems to me. Same goes for Parcelfarce too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic