RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The most important suggestion ever!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GX160Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most important suggestion ever!
    Posted: 21 January 2012 at 9:16am
I would like to propose the most important suggestion i have ever made and hopefully other members will back me up.

Would support please keep us regularly informed about updates and not just the usual "it will be available in 2 weeks" that we always get.

How long now have the new features been shown on the shopping cart but we still cant use them?

I am growing ever more impatient waiting for these grey boxes to turn blue!!!!!

Tim
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 9:43am
Let me be the first to back you up on this, it looks as if there are quite a lot of new features being worked on at the moment, basic information would be good.

Support are we to expect them all to go live together?
will you introduce a few at a time and if so which?
I would expected that some of them are ready to go live now, surely they cannot all need finishing can they?
At what cart level will all these new features be available?
Red
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 9:59am
Just noticed that if you click the new icons at the top of the sales manager the message has been changed and now says "Sorry - this functionality is not yet available. Please click on the back button." when only recently it said "this feature will be available next week" does that mean we are now expecting an even longer wait for the introduction of any new features?
Red
ponyandcarriage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 12:05pm
Totally totally agree with the previous posts!

RC why do you try so hard to improve – yet cheese off - keep in the dark your greatest allies – proponents of RC.

It takes minuets to post perhaps a weekly update list of new features – especially new features that can be seen within RC – even if it’s (sorry all this feature isn’t going to plan hopefully next week **DATE***)

You are happy to collect feedback from this public arena a little more effort in not treating us like mushrooms surely is not too much to ask for?
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 5:04pm
We've been down this road before haven't we.....

I think maybe a section on the forum where updates are posted on how far something has progressed. Much prefer up front honesty than loads of flannel. A bit of good solid honest communication goes a long way. I don't think people mind delays or something being longer coming than expected so long as they are given honest information about it, instead of being palmed off.   Its when you are told constantly this will be here next week and being kept totally in the dark etc and that's what gets people annoyed. I know its not our business as such what goes on behind the scenes, but it does affect how people plan their business and what they are going to do with things e-commerce wise. As ponyandcarriage said a simple update post would suffice. Just stops keeping us as mushrooms and feeding us sh*t. We are not out to have a pop at RC, but communication is a big must to keep your customers.
ilewis04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilewis04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 1:06am
I too agree that honest information is really what is needed. I would much rather receive bad news if that is the truth, than be strung along. I actually called support today to see if there was anything more definite of when these features will arrive (a simple update post would have saved me the trouble & I really don't think that I am the only one bothering them with that question) I was told "it could be any hour now" which all sounds great, except I was given exactly the same line over a week ago when I last called to ask the same question. Surely someone must have some better idea of what is happening than that?
Anyway, I REALLY hope that support will take note of these comments & post some sort of regular update to let us know what is happening, perhaps if enough others feel the same & add a quick comment to that effect here support will take notice?
Rechargeable batteries & more.
Component-Shop
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 9:22am
Hi,

Here is the current work remaining on the Invoice features (all subject to change)

1. <merchantlogo> - Standardise storage of logo.
2. Check permissions settings for new menu options.
3. Sort out emails for the different types
4. Investigate manual payment of quotes and pro formas.
5. Investigate Resend quote, Invoice or pro forma email request for payment.
6. Investigate adding a time limit to an invoice - e.g. payment terms 30 days and flag up outstanding invoices.
7. Add barcode lookup to product selector.

There may be other issues which arise as this progresses.
Items shown as 'Investigate' may or may not be actioned.

However we have been informed by NetBanx that we need to integrate a new version of their payment gateway or the integration will stop working. Therefore all development on the above now has to wait until that is completed.

Many Thanks
Support

raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 10:51am
ponyandcarriage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:46am
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 2:37pm
Still think you should put a separate area on the forum for this and as discussed update each week on a set day where possible. We'd know where to look then for updates, so we can plan ahead if making changes to the way we work etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic