RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > What do other carts do that RomanCart does not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gift Vouchers that really work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beng27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gift Vouchers that really work
    Posted: 07 February 2012 at 11:50am
Hi it would be great if we could have gift vouchers that can be applied to the whole order, including postage.

Anyone who has tried to issue their customers gift vouchers for use with RC will know that it isn't satisafctory.

You can sort-of use coupons as a voucher system, but the value is only applied to the subtotal BEFORE postage is applied.

This annoys your customers... they get given say a £20 voucher, but cant use it for £18 of goods plus £2 of postage.

They have to use it for £20 of goods and then put in CC details for £2 postage.

RC support have discussed this several times with people and say this is correct, there's no intention to provide gift voucher functions via coupons.

But it would be SO simple, not lots of coding needed, just a tick box that allows us to have our coupons applied to the TOTAL rather than SUBTOTAL

Two other well-known carts do offer this, but we'd rather not switch. We've been with RC since practically the beginning , and we're used to its quirks . . .

Ben

thanks
The Best Vegetables for the Kitchen Garden
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 11:52am
Hi,
Can you point us to any well known online store which lets you use vouchers against the total price including shipping. It's not something we have ever seen, but maybe we haven't looked hard enough.
Many thanks
Support
beng27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beng27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 12:01pm
Thanks Support for such a swift reply ( I guess nothing is broken this morning :-)

This is really the standard behaviour for gift vouchers - I know RC has always thought in terms of coupons, but they're different. With gift vouchers, you _always_ get to apply it to the final total including shipping.

How about Amazon as a well-known example?

Or in our sector (vegetable seeds by mailorder)   http://www.thompson-morgan.com

I can find more, but if you look, you'll see this is the norm.

thanks

Ben
beng27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beng27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 12:05pm
Note: if you wanted to make vouchers complicated, you would have to track the remaining amount outstanding and so on if they were part used. I agree that would require a major re-write plus significant extra coding and DB resources.

BUT, if you wanted to keep it simple, then you could just say any unused voucher value is lost. In which case there is no extra work at all compared to coupons. You can use your current coupon system, all you'd need in this case is a tick-box option for coupons to be applied to the total not subtotal.
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 8:26pm
I was selling vouchers last year. The method I tried was to issue a promo code with a fixed value of £32.34 (or £29.99 plus £2.35 P&P).

Didn't work. So tried coupons, 99.99% discounts, discounts plus coupons etc.

Whatever way I tried, it always generated an error in the cart because the invoice value was nil. I gave up in the end.

A voucher which covered the total invoice value would be great, regardless of whether any one else's cart has managed it.

Richard.

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 9:39pm
We would also like that
Red
goodgoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodgoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 1:25pm
same here- cant offer gift certs because they won't work on shipping.
softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 2:57pm
and same here- cant offer gift certs because they won't work on shipping. would also need to allow cart total to be zero and handle that (i.e. not take them to the payment screens if whole order value was covered by a voucher)
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 4:09pm
This would be nice to have for Christmas Sales so people could give a gift - any chance Support? I am sure this would be a very welcome addition for most of us
Red
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 5:18pm
Hi,

Can you give us some more info. Let us know exactly what you are looking for and how you want these gift vouchers to operate.

Thanks

James
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic