RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > What do other carts do that RomanCart does not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customer account

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customer account
    Posted: 04 July 2012 at 11:28am
I buy a lot on Amazon, the reason I like shopping there so much is because the checkout is so easy when you have an account. You can just click on your address and then select the credit card you want to use to pay with.

Only Amazon has the credit card feature, but nearly every shopping cart out there has the ability to create an account. Does romancart have this feature?

It would be good if people could create accounts like they do with Amazon where they don't have to enter any information, just click to checkout.
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 6:30pm
I think it depends what the site is as a lot of sites that ask for account signn up I just leave and don't buy. I have an account with Amazon like you, but buy enough to make it worthwhile.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 11:59am
Hi,
It's actually easier with RomanCart.
The customer ticks the 'remember my details for next time' box.
Then when they purchase again all their details are already filled out and they don't even need to login.
Many thanks
Support
softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:34pm
Support, while I agree that the "remember my details" tick box is easier than getting customers to set up an account, it does not really help in situations where people might need to shop from various locations (home computer, work pc, smartphone etc). It also relies on cookies, so if the user clears their cookie cache, the saved address details are lost.

It also doesn't give people the ability to see a nice history of their purchases.

In theory, it should be possible for us merchants to code some of this themselves, because it is possible to pass name and address details in the Romancart parameters on the BUY button, so you could ask for the customer to login to a database of accounts on your own website, then pass the details thru to Romancart.

However, it would be so much nicer if RC did it properly! And another attractive selling feature for RC's marketing team!

Andy Rigby
www.christianbits.co.uk
MountMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 4:15pm
I agree, with a customer account system, you can set up retail customers and trade customers, offering different prices and shipping rates
Keep well
Steve
I know one day my boat will come in - knowing my luck I will be at the Airport !

stuartvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 5:35pm
I have 2 additional ecommerce facilities. One of them allows one to designate customers as B2C (Business to Customer) or B2B (Business to Business). I need this because we are trying to sell over 2000 products to "practitioners" as well as to retail customers using the same stock system but with different prices.

It cannot be done simply by approving a practitioner and providing a personal discount code because the discount will be different depending on the brand (i.e different markups for us means we cannot offer the same discount globally).

I do find this slightly frustrating because many of the features I like on Romancart are not available elsewhere as far as I have been able to see.

I particularly like the variety in the scheduled email system but I have to manually compile User Lists on a country basis, which is an absolute pain when you've got thousands of say, UK, users when you start building it. The other problem is that having compiled the user list, you cannot then introduce another user list that would be, say:

1. All those in UK Customer User List +
2. Who bought itemname = x

(Or even x* in order to get all the products of one supplier in)

All this means I am often writing to people about things they are personally not interested in. The more ways we can cut the data the better.

A mistake is to commit a misunderstanding - Bob Dylan
bghead8che View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bghead8che Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 2:54am
I agree with the other posters. A true log/in out feature is sorely needed. RC is WAY behind in this regard. I can't think of a cart that does NOT have this feature.

-Brian
softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 6:00pm
.. but a login/account facility should be optional - many people don't want to have to create an account just for a one-off order, but equally some regular customers want an account, with stored details, order history etc.

Ensign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ensign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 4:14pm
I definitely agree, any account facility should be optional.

All my customers are one offs and would hate the idea of creating an account and yet another password just to buy from me.
cottagewebs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottagewebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 12:49pm
Is the customer account something that maybe developed in future for roman cart, the option sounds the way to go as you say it is nice not to have to sign up but the option to have it would really help if you wanted to sell things to retail and trade customers at different prices and other benefits for regular users could come into play.
www.cottagewebs.co.uk

Web Design
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic