RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CRM - auto add address details

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRM - auto add address details
    Posted: 22 August 2012 at 2:06pm
Even though the customer supplies their address including country this is not added to their data in the CRM. We can add it manually but would be a lot better if it came in automatically.
Bike Maps

<font color=BROWN>Mountain Bike Maps & Guides [/COLOR]
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 4:46pm
Hi Rich,

How do you mean exactly? When a customer makes a purchase their address should be added to the CRM. Click on the word 'customer' in the first column to see their details. Were you referring to something else or looking for something slightly different or is this not the case in your CRM?

Thanks

James
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 9:13am
Hi James

No we just get the first name, last name and email address populated. Obviously the customer supplies the address info upon order but our CRM ignore this. Can you have a look, store 41640.

Thanks
Bike Maps

RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 12:28pm
Hi Rich,

Dont forget that customer details will only be stored for three years so if a customer has had no activity within the last three years then their details will be removed.

If you find a customer who has not had their details saved then please send their name to the support inbox and we will have another look.

Thanks

James

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 2:02pm
Hi James

None of our customers have their address saved. Just have a look at any of customers going back from today.
ie what I mean is you click on the customer, click on edit, and no address or country is populated.

Edited by rich-erich - 23 August 2012 at 2:15pm
Bike Maps

RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 2:19pm
Hi Rich,

I did check several of your customers from today and the last few days and they all did have their address so i'm unsure of what you are looking. This why I need you to send us a customers name where you are not seeing the address and then we will be able to tell you why this is.

Thanks
James

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 3:09pm
OK - I see what you are doing - but what I want to see is the address fields populated when I go into edit for a customer.
Bike Maps

raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 4:28pm
I know what you mean rich-erich. We have the same.

Rich-erich means when you go to tools/customer relationship manager. You get a list of users of your site. If you then scroll along to the edit column and click on edit it brings up the customers details. However, it only shows e-mail address, phone number and customers name. The address fields are left blank.

I believe what Rich-erich is asking for is the address fields here to be auto completed when a customer first orders, otherwise it is left to be manually completed.

We have exactly the same and I've never bothered to fill in the missing detail, but would like it if it was filled in automatically.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 7:29pm
Hi,
Yes - this is new functionality.
The address will be populated for new customers asap.
It was introduced for invoicing.
Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 7:36pm
Usual thing probably too much to do and not enough time. If your like me you need 100 hour weeks with no sleeps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic