RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Offers & modifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offers & modifiers
    Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:45pm
To be able to make an Offer that targets a product with a modifier.

ie spend so much on x and get the product with the modifer (and be able to select a value eg small, medium' large).

Rich
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:49pm
Hi,
You can do this with product groups as each option represents an actual product.
See http://www.romancart.com/sell-more/topbuttons/watch_screencast.asp?source=list&topic=productgroups
Many Thanks
Support
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:58pm
Thanks, will have a look at that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:13pm
It looks like I have to delete my current products with modifiers and then create a new group and within that group create the products again. Is that correct?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:28pm
Hi,
Product groups are different to modifiers as they are individual products rather than one product with modifications.

Before you put too much work into this you might want to wait until we finish the new 'bundles' functionality sometime next week.
This is for when you have a bundle of separate products at a discount or special price. (not sure if this is relevant to your requirements).
Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 11:04am
Hi

I need to get the offer out asap so cant wait until next week. I have therefore done as you suggested and created a product group which contains a large and a medium option.
However I have now come to create the offer and can't see how it will work as you suggest. The offer window asks for a product code not a product group code. Therefore if I put n the product code for medium it means the customer cant select large.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 11:34am
Hi,
You would use 'add products X and Y and get a discount of Z'
Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 11:56am
Hi Support

Sorry but thats not what I want to do. If you see my original suggestion:

"To be able to make an Offer that targets a product with a modifier.
ie spend so much on x and get the product with the modifer (and be able to select a value eg small, medium' large)."

So, I have done as you suggested and created a product group and within that product group created two products, one for medium size, one for large size.

Now I need to set it up so that if someone buys product x they then get the product on offer an be abel to choose between medium and large.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 12:13pm
Hi,
The product with the modifier would not be automatically added to the cart as it is not possible to adjust a modifier value on the cart page.

You would make it so that when they select the trigger product, you then take them to a page to select the product with the modifier on your site.

On the offers page you would add a discount when the required combinations of products are added. This will add a negative value line item to the cart to adjust for their discount when both the trigger product and the subject of the offer is added to the cart.

Many thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 1:41pm
In your last reply you keep mentioning modifers but as I said I am not using modifers anymore.

Basically it seems what you are saying is it doesn't matter if you have a product group or a product with modifiers - as they both can be discounted as per your last suggestion. So can't understand why you told me to use product groups.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic