FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Important RomanCart Payments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Important RomanCart Payments
    Posted: 18 October 2013 at 10:21am
Hi,

PayPal doesn't charge you to set up and keep a merchant account. The costs for a small business are usually much smaller with PayPal than with a traditional Merchant Account/Payment Gateway.

PayPal and RomanCart are not competitors. RomanCart lets you link to multiple payment methods, e.g. Amazon, Sage Pay, Google etc. and has marketing features which will help you sell more. e.g. email marketing, autoresponders etc.

When selling to consumers normally the more methods of payments you offer the more sales you make.

I think the point here is that we are primarily a shopping cart and Internet Marketing System, with the RomanCart payments product a value added extra.

Many Thanks
Support
carolinej09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolinej09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 10:51pm
Many thanks for your response. I'm sure you appreciate that I will have considered all options before selecting Roman Cart. For a number of reasons I wouldn't choose Paypal, and I suspect many other small businesses won't either. This is just one reason why:-

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/

I run a professional, if small, business and won't compromise on the level of service and standards I provide. I feel Roman Cart is the better choice and am amazed you are pointing your customers towards a competitor. Is there a link between the two companies I should be aware of?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 7:41am
Hi,

Firstly apologies for the sudden change. It is the result of a sudden change in the terms of our provision of the service with UPG.

You need to use PayPal if you are not expecting to process many transactions, not RomanCart payments. PayPal will allow you to accept card payments as well as PayPal payments and in addition it does not have the merchant account charges you get with a standard merchant account.

Many Thanks
Support
carolinej09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolinej09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 10:16pm
This is a big blow to my business. I have a fledgling business which is growing slowly. I have been with Roman Cart less than a year and being able to top up by 10 credits at a time was one of the reasons I picked Roman Cart in the first place. £55 upfront is a lot to a small business like me. I think you should have let your customers know about this change in advance to allow us to react accordingly.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 4:37pm
Hi,

With immediate effect the £4 and £25 options for the purchase of RomanCart Payments Credits have been removed.
The cheapeast credit pack is now £55.

This is still well under what you would pay for any other payment gateway we are aware of.

We apologise for this, however we have had many merchants purchasing very few credits who do not actually use them. Unfortunately this has cost us far more than we anticipated.

For merchants purchasing very few credits it normally makes more sense for the merchant to use a system like PayPal to process transactions.

Kind Regards
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic