RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Built in courier for UK customers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Built in courier for UK customers
    Posted: 11 October 2014 at 12:13pm
As a UK based company is there any chance of building into the system a linked courier service for us UK customers to use(myHermes looks reasonable for low weight packages), you have UPS for YOUR US customers with Auto calculated rates for USPS (USA merchants only) on the shipping.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 2:01pm
Hi,

For UK customers - UPS is built into the cart. Choose 'book delivery with courier' in the sales manager. You can then track the deliveries all on the Sales Manager.

Unfortunately the big couriers do not provide real time autocalc systems for autocalculating the shipping cost on the basket page in the UK, so autocalc is only available for US merchants.

Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 7:17pm
OK sorry I read Auto calculated for USPS (USA merchants only)
It`s a shame the UK does not have an auto calculation
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 8:21pm
Hi,
What we really need is the Royal Mail to allow us to integrate with them so that you could print off stamps for deliveries.

I have no idea why they won't do this - we have asked them lots of times. They only do this within PayPal (as far as we are aware).

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2014 at 1:17pm
Hi support,

I'm looking to set up customer pricing for the UPS service via Romancart.

Where can I find an indication of cost/service availability please?

Thank you,

Richard.
JCurtis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 2:27pm
Speaking with UPS today they have recently launched a UPS Access point scheme in the UK, allowing you to drop off parcels rather than schedule a collection.

Could this be added to the 'Book a Courier' feature? For me it would work out better as my cut-off is 1200 to book a collection with a 4 hour collection window, but I could drop-off locally until 15:00.

It could be a check box to ask if you would like pickup or will drop off to an Access point?

I realise it may not be ideal for everyone, but it would be really handy.

http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/resources/service/ups-access-point.html

Edited by JCurtis - 23 January 2015 at 2:31pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 3:42pm
Hi,

It depends on whether they have added it to their API interfaces. If they have then we should be able to add it.

I cannot give a timescale, but agree it would be a useful addition.

Many Thanks
Support
JCurtis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 5:00pm
Thats great, thanks.

From my limited understanding of the processes, it might be as 'easy' as missing out the 'book collection' call. All the tracking etc. would be the same, as the pick up scan would be from the drop off point rather than by the driver.

Edited by JCurtis - 23 January 2015 at 5:00pm
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 11:21pm
I use access point (offie up the road) for some UPS.

It works out about 10% cheaper, but more importantly, I know that their collection goes at 6pm.

Interlink are even better for me. The lorry leaves my local depot for the hub at 7.15pm weekdays.

It's useful to have things like this up your sleeve if you're trying to take business away from High Street chains.

JCurtis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2016 at 3:45pm
To bring an old topic to life, did you get anywhere with the drop off to Access Point location? Basically its the same as creating a shipment but not asking for pickup.

If I have a UPS account is there anyway I can add my details and have the courier integration against my account number?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic