RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay Enhancements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay Enhancements
    Posted: 12 January 2015 at 11:11am
Hi,

We have made several enhancements to our eBay integration.

1. It now remembers the last category you selected to make it easier if you are listing lots of items to the same category.

2. You can now list product variations using Product Groups. If you have an item in small/medium/large red/green/blue then you can use this to have the items listed as one item with drop downs to select the variations.

3. You can now set it so that all your ebay orders appear in the RomanCart sales manager. This includes ebay orders which were not listed using RomanCart, for example if you have an ebay store.

Many Thanks
Support

rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 1:14pm
Excellent.

On the 'configure' link there are drop downs of various email templates.

I've looked on the screencasts and in the drop down menus within sales manager but can't see where I can configure them. I need to tweak the confirmation email specifically for ebay.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks, Richard.
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 5:04pm
Hi,

see 'configure > document templates > order emails'. You can setup your own template here.

Then go to 'manage > marketpalces > ebay' and click on configure. Here you can choose aht email is sent to the customer.

Thanks

James
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 5:32pm
Thank you for your reply. I had seen that, just forgot it was there!
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 11:50pm
Out of interest, can I use one of the many configurable order emails as my standard email for the cart?

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I can't find where to override the generic 'order complete' email.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 7:42am
Hi,
Set the email template at 'configure'/'payment methods'
Click on 'configure' for the payment method to set the email for.
Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 1:37pm
Thank you for the above. I've set it up now.

Another question or two.

If I mark the ebay item as shipped in RC, is ebay's selling manager supposed to update?

If not, and I mark the item as shipped within ebay, will this update the RC sales manager?

I also noted that the VAT split was not imported into RC.

Note that these points apply to my listing which existed already within ebay, not one which I created via RomanCart - hence no entry in product manager for the items sold.

Regards,

Richard.

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 2:42pm
Hi,
There is no communication from RomanCart to ebay apart from listing items. Therefore changing the status on RomanCart will not affect status' on eBay.

Regarding the VAT, please can you email us exact details so we can take a look.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 4:09pm
Hi Support,

It does seem to be acting up at the moment.

I have one ebay transaction recorded in ebay sales manager and one paypal transaction.

Paypal payment was made at 14.04.18 today.
It registered as an ebay sale in my cart at 14.04.21, order number RC17179841
ebay confirmation email arrived in my inbox at 14.05

I have a further entry for the same sale at 14.13.01, order number RC17179895

At 14.30, I marked the item as dispatched within ebay sales manager.
Within a few seconds of my doing that, I have another entry for the same sale at 14.30.20, order number RC17180015.

At 14.56.17 I have a fourth entry for the same sale, order number RC17180182.
There was no intervention from me, I had left to do the school run.

The VAT content of the above is showing as zero. My VAT registration number is lodged with ebay and the listing 331439285868 is showing that I am VAT registered. When I generate an invoice for this transaction within ebay, it extracts the VAT correctly.

My store ID is 26525. I'll email my support tag now.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by rscass - 13 January 2015 at 4:12pm
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 4:47pm
Can we select our Ebay postage policies.

Everytime we list an item and select the postage from the drop down we then have to go and edit it in Ebay as it defaults to posting within 3 working days, when we want to show we post same working day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic