RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Search by postcode/phone number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nickyh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search by postcode/phone number
    Posted: 31 March 2018 at 8:23am
It is mainly for when I get a missed call (I have a landline and a mobile and I will often get a call on one while I am already on a call on the other!). I can then type the number in to see if it is a customer, in which case i can ring them back, or someone just trying to sell me something.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 10:03pm
Hi,

We will be doing some major database work soon in preparation for gdpr. We can add it then.
However please can you let us know why you would want to search on phone number?

Many Thanks
Support
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 3:51pm
Hi Support

Do you think there is any likelihood of a postcode search facility in the sales manager being implemented?
teamsurv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2017 at 6:26pm
There are several off the shelf providers of this, so it isn't difficult for RomanCart to implement this.
Nickyh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 1:49pm
Surely its got to be possible, as we can already search by so many other options. You would have thought just adding a 'Postcode' box would be relatively easy but this post has already been going for over a year!
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2017 at 10:03am
Hi Support

Any thoughts on giving us a postcode search?
Turbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 10:49pm
Yes, searching via postcode would be very helpfull
marco247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marco247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2016 at 9:09am
Im in....postcode search please
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 4:46pm
I agree. The search for a postcode would be a great idea and would be an immense help. It's often a nightmare trying to find the customer.
Nickyh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 1:22pm
Is there an option or would it be possible to have the option to search for a customer by postcode? There are so many scenarios where this would be really helpful:
1. When a customer phones to place an order if i search by postcode i can find that person first time. At the moment i have to search by surname which isn't ideal when the surname is Smith!
2. We often have members of the public phone to see if we supply any of the shops in their area, if we could type in a postcode we could narrow the search.
3. When we do delivery runs to certain areas of the country, we can see who else is on that area to see if they need a top-up order at the same time.

Also if its possible to add a search by phone number that would also be great. I have lost track of the amount of times when i have had a missed call and need to know if it is a customer or a junk call.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic