RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Multi Channel Feedback Required

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi Channel Feedback Required
    Posted: 03 December 2016 at 4:21pm
Hi,

We have noticed that services such as Linnworks are becoming increasingly popular.

Does anyone use such a service?

If you do, or have thought about it, please can you let us know the functionality that you use it for.

It would be relatively easy to have orders from ebay, amazon other (non RomanCart) websites and other marketplaces appear in RomanCart along with stock synchronization between all the channels.

Any ideas on this welcome.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 11:15pm
From a retailer's point of view, anything which pulls all activities together into one place to manage sales is very attractive.

My ideal program would do the following:

Manage my stock for all channels
Manage my invoicing and communication for all channels
Allow export of selected address and service data to Royal Mail Dispatch Manager Online*

*working with your default Royal Mail delivery service pre-populated, say 1kg, 1st class, it takes about 40 seconds per order to input the postcode, choose the address from the dropdown, set the recipient name and print the label - unless you can import the relevant data, you have to do this one at a time for each order.

For me, I will reach a point, hopefully next year, where I can't increase my sales any further without some additional degree of automation.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 8:45am
Hi Rscass,

Which channels would you need to be supported?

ebay,amazon,1 website using romancart.

Anything else?
i.e. any other websites/carts
Any other marketplaces?

Have you had a look at any multi channel selling software?

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 1:02pm
Hi,

I only use Romancart, ebay and occasionally Amazon.

I haven't looked further than Romancart yet, I don't do enough elsewhere to justify it. Romancart still doesn't talk to my ebay account with regard to VAT.

The only thing that would persuade me away would be a system which integrated with my shippers so I can generate mailing labels automatically and offered some sort of google support.

Richard.
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 12:10am
With regard to my above comment re. VAT.

I can now clarify as I've just sold something listed directly through Romancart!

Romancart correctly displays the VAT in sales manager when the ebay listing was created in Romancart.

Romancart does not calculate/show the VAT when the ebay listing was created within ebay.

It would be lovely if it did :)

Furthermore, upon listing via Romancart, one is presented with the following warnings.

"Warning

Return Policy input not applicable.

The Return Policy field Refund in the input has been ignored.

Seller Profiles will soon be mandatory while creating a new listing for business policies opted in sellers.

Seller Profiles will soon be mandatory while creating a new listing. Support for Legacy Shipping, Payment and Returns fields will be going away for business policies opted in sellers"

Presumably the 'mandatory' aspect could disable the ebay listing function in future.

Perhaps someone could take a look.

Regards,

Richard.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 9:15am
Hi,

This is because you have opted into business policies on ebay. Either you need to opt out of that or in the future it is saying that you should create profiles there. (This is an ebay message not RomanCart).

Ebay listings not generated by RomanCart can be problematic - especially with ebay merchants who have had an ebay account for a long time as older ebay accounts do not follow the rules of newer accounts.

We will be taking a look at this in the new year sometime as it is a really good feature! Presumably the vat issue is that your vat settings on the ebay sales don't match the vat settings on the cart?

Many Thanks
Support

rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 10:05am
Hi,

I'll look at the policies bit later. I have indeed opted in to anything that can be universally applied because whensomething changes yo only have to make one change instead of editing every single listing.

My ebay and Romancart VAT settings are the same.

Mine is a very old ebay account :)

Regards, Richard.
EddieODG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddieODG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 10:30am
I would very much like Romancart to be able to link to my existing listings on eBay, without the need to relist.

Some listings have been active for a few years and have thousands of sales history that I would not want to lose by having to relist through Romancart.

Mine is also an old eBay account.

Edited by EddieODG - 15 December 2016 at 10:30am
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 1:37pm
Has something changed today with ebay & VAT?
heldenbrau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 5:50pm
All I would want is for the stock on my website to be linked to ebay items, so that if an item sold on ebay, the inventory on romancart will go down and also my stock on amazon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic