RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confirmation email settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confirmation email settings
    Posted: 30 January 2020 at 8:43pm
Why doesn't "Make merchant email appear to be sent from the Customer" work?
Paul Evans
Games from Pevans
www.pevans.co.uk/Games
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2020 at 7:40pm
Hi,
It does work but you probably won't receive the email.
Your receiving email server will look at the email and know that it has not actually come from the customer and so will either bounce it or put it in your spam folder.
Systems like Gmail and Office365 are very difficult to deliver emails like that to.
Many Thanks
Support
Pevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2020 at 9:16pm
I receive confirmation emails. They come from "Games from Pevans" <service@romancart.com>

I don't use new-fangled things like Gmail: emails are going to my email server at my ISP and I download them using POP3.

The reason I want the confirmation emails to come from the customer is so that, when I have an autoresponder on, the response goes to the customer, not RomanCart.
Paul Evans
Games from Pevans
www.pevans.co.uk/Games
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2020 at 9:18pm
Hi,
Feel free to tick the option for this at 'tools'/'options'/'emails'
If it works for you then that's good news.
If you don't get the emails though it's because your email server is blocking it which many do, in which case you would either need to sort that out with your email administrators or switch that option back off.
Give it a go.
Many Thanks
Support
Pevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2020 at 11:35pm
Yes, I have this option ticked.

Yes, I get the confirmation emails.

No, they don't have the customer's email address as the sender, they have service@romancart.com as the sending email address.
Paul Evans
Games from Pevans
www.pevans.co.uk/Games
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic