RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PayPal Commerce = Plain basic page. How to style?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PayPal Commerce = Plain basic page. How to style?
    Posted: 11 February 2021 at 10:38am
We've set up the PayPal Commerce Platform as a means of taking Credit/Debit card payments. It's working and some people are using it but others are put off by the plain and empty appearance of the Card Entry Page. It's literally a grey background with a white div in the middle asking for Card No, Expire and CVV. No PayPal Logo, nothing else in fact. I've had 3 people ring us to check we were legit after having reached it and how many more I've lost I dread to think.

Have i set it up wrong? I can't see how to style or add any HTML to the page. How do I make that bit look a bit more professional?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 10:40am
Hi,
Make sure you are using the latest version of the cart...
Go to 'configure'/'appearance'/'hosted cart pages'/'shopping cart templates'
Click on 'standard templates'
Go to page 4 and tick 'web' and 'mob' for the responsive template.
Then go to 'configure'/'company logo' and make sure you have uploaded your logo.

Many Thanks
Support
amused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 10:52am
Ok - so I've done that but the card page is exactly the same and doesn't have the logo I've just uploaded on. What am I missing?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 11:05am
Hi,
Please post or email us the url of the site and we will take a look and advise.
Many Thanks
Support
amused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 11:19am
http://www.spinnakerchandlery.co.uk/

Thank you - much appreciated
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 11:23am
Hi,
I can't test it as you have broken payment buttons on your checkout page.
Your using non https images for the buttons which won't work.
Please change them to https buttons. (Otherwise you just see the word 'submit' a few times')
Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 11 February 2021 at 11:26am
amused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 12:27pm
I can't find the broken links - everything works for me so I'm not sure which buttons you mean. I've removed the optional payment button links in the payment methods to drop back to default buttons as I'm guessing that's what you mean?

I've played about with the settings more and switching the cart to responsive has made the card entry page a bit better - but all I can do is add my Logo to it? I was really hoping to add customized HTML as with other areas for the cart. Plus that logo now shows up BEFORE the customized header code on my basket and checkout page which is a bit redundant as the header includes that logo along with styling to keep it in theme with the rest of the site. Can I NOT show the company logo on my basket and checkout (and regional etc) pages?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 12:34pm
Hi,
Edit each payment method and make sure the url for the button image begins with https:// not http://
You might see the images on your browser, but most will not.

You can copy and edit the template in the user area however you like.

Many thanks
Support
amused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 12:50pm
Ah! Brilliant. yes that is what I was after! Thanks. And I'll leave the default buttons on and not worry about https buttonimages. The latest version looks pretty good and has nicer buttons than years ago. Good job RomanCart and thanks for the support.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 2:21pm
Hi,

That's great news - thanks for the update.

Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic