RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VAT calculating incorrectly on Offers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VAT calculating incorrectly on Offers
    Posted: 15 January 2010 at 9:01am
I have a problem with VAT on an offer.

I have changed the VAT to 17.5% in the PM and when I add the item on its own then the VAT is calculated correctly. (The item sells for £7.50 and come up with vat of £1.12 - it is VAT inclusive)

However the problem is that I also have the item on an offer at £5.99 when bought with another item (which has zero vat). Romancart is now calculating the tax at £0.78, when it should be £0.89. For some reason it is holding onto the 15% rate.

Shipping is free so no problem there and I have checked my htm codes for the page and there is nothing that over-rides it there.

I am really confused with this. Its probably something simple but just cant find it.

Thanks
Rich
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:48am
Hi,
See if you have set the tax to 15% on the product properties on the affected product(s) on the product manager.
Many thanks
Support
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:04am
Hi,

Not sure what you mean. In my original post I have said I changed it to 17.5% in the PM. Presumably there is only one setting for vat rate in the PM. I have rechecked and it says, in the first box that comes up when clicking on the item: tax 17.5%
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 12:04pm
Hi,
What is your storeid?
What is the product code of an item affected.
Many thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 12:54pm

It affects 7 of our items. Each one you can buy individually and the tax is ok, but when bought as an offer the tax is incorrect

vgldcd
vgsecd
vgdpcd
vgnymcd
vgrccd
vgydscd
vgwpcd

Thanks
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 1:45pm
Hi,
'configurecart'/'set tax options'
Your cart tax rate is still set to 15%.
Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 2:05pm
Doh!, Thanks for that. All now working.

I changed the PM setting for each item but obviously forgot about the universal setting. In my defense though I thought the tax rate in the PM should over-ride the universal setting.

Edited by rich-erich - 15 January 2010 at 2:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic