RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Control Panel Beta Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 6:06pm
Have to say you will find it better than your current cart. Just switch. You can go back to your old cart if you wish, but I'm sure you won't want to. I've been using it for ages now and haven't had the need to go back at all to the old cart. I think all major glitches have been ironed out and support for the most part have been very pro active in correcting any problems that we say have arisen and sometimes its just down to us users been plain old "stupid" - LOL.

Go for it, definitely worthwhile and that's from me whose one of the biggest sceptics when it comes to stuff like this living with a computer programmer, whose first warning was wait until its underway a bit, there's bound to be bugs. But actually its been fairly bug free and excellent.

Edited by raineshoe - 17 June 2010 at 6:08pm
stuartvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by raineshoe raineshoe wrote:

sometimes its just down to us users been plain old "stupid" - LOL..

Oh indeed yes! Almost all the issues have been concerning facilities not even avaiable on the old cart.

I agree with Raineshoe. Go for it.
genealogy_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genealogy_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 7:55am
If Support do reply, they should say that you can easily switch to the BETA control panel. But there are some functions that are not compatible with the current control panel. When you switch to BETA, you can get the same tasks done quicker. But you shouldn't use LIVE anymore, as the results aren't predictable. Hopefully Support can add further comments.
Regards
Genealogy Guy
## My storeid is 45617 ##
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 8:02am
Hi,
This is correct. For example if you set up a postcode based shipping method and then try and open it in the existing control panel (which does not have this feature) there will likely be problems.
Many Thanks
Support
emalrola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emalrola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 2:30pm
Support - Sorry to bother you again about dates, but do you have any idea when the new panel will go live?   I don't want to go on holiday and discover that it all changes when I'm not there....!

Can you give an indication of current timescales and also how much notice we will get before the big 'switchover'

Thanks

stuartvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 2:39pm
My advice is still to go for the new Beta now. If you haven't you can't see it so it's bound to seem like it might be a very different animal.

Actually, for virtually all the exisiting features it's the same.

Go on, you know you want to!
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 4:25pm
I'll second it. Go for it. Its much better than the old panel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic