RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Workaround? Some products with VAT, some without?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axotyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 12:31pm
I have set the tax on the 2 products in our test cart.

Questions:

1) How do I set tax options?

2) How do I set Advanced Tax? On or off?

If on, then I assume that software (attracts 17.5% VAT in UK) is tax band A and books (zero VAT) are tax band B?

On product screen I should set the tax appropriately and also go to Options and select Tax Band A or Tax Band B?

If I need to set Tax Band B to zero (for books) for every country, do I have to go through the whole lot and change 17.5% to 0? There has to be a better way.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 12:35pm
Hi,
Set tax options at 'configure cart'/'set tax options'

Advanced tax lets you set tax by country/region/state. Switch it on if you want to do this.

If you are using advanced tax then set the tax rates for each region/tax band you require on the advanced tax screen. Then make sure your products are in the correct band.

If your tax rates are the same for each region then you shouldn't be using advanced tax.

Also - don't forget to select the countries you would deliver to at 'configure cart'/'configure countries# before you do this.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic