RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

order not complete email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: order not complete email
    Posted: 13 June 2011 at 10:10am
Support
Can you please provide a way to link the RC Order number to the email that is sent to customers,I did ask for this when the new "Order not complete email" was introduced but feel that there is a need for this.

As it stands at the moment the customer does not know what order the email refers to. We have just had a customer who did not complete an order and then within a few mins did complete a second order so the not completed first order generated the not complete email but with no order reference number on the email he became confused and sent us the following email "COMMENT = please could you identify the issue that as arisen with the order that was have made??"

We get a large number of not complete orders, sometimes up to ten in a row from the same customer prior to them giving payment details - I am sure a RC Order number on each would help to either reduce this or at least let the potential customer know that they refer to different order attempts.

One last thought - the not complete orders, could they be generated by the customer selection a payment option and then when they are on the bank payment pages they decide to press back for whatever reason to return to the checkout and then to make the payment they reselect the payment option thus generating a new RC order number. If this is so is there anything you can do to stop a new RC Order number from being generated?
Red
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 5:08pm
Support , we have just had another confused customer see email
"
Please can you explain this email you have sent me as I did complete all the details and made the payment online.

Regards,
Ana"

This was in response to an automatic email she received for "order not complete", she had managed to do a not complete order and then another one that she did complete straight after that one - without the RC reference number on the emails the customer is unable to tell what order attempt the email refers to.
Red
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 9:33am
Hi Red,

Whilst I agree this is a problem, do you really think that customers who aren't clever enough to realise they've had 2 attempts, 1 of which failed, will actually be able to relate the order number to the failed attempt? Especially as they don't actually get an order number from Romancart until they've been successful. Surely they're more likely to contact you asking why they've got 2 different order numbers
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 9:46am
Hi,
It has been changed this morning so that if a customer has a not completed order, but then goes on to make a successful order then the not completed order notification emails will not be sent.
Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:15am
That seems a good solution.
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:24am
Hi Support
Thank you that will help a lot and as Raineshoe says a good solution to the problem
Thanks again
Red
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 6:54pm
Agreed, good solution. What's the time delay between an incomplete order and the email being sent? Is there an opportunity for the customer to try again, say 30 mins later, and still get a failure email? If this is sorted, we might start using this feature.
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 7:15pm
Hi Dave, you set the time to wait prior to the email being sent,
so you have a choice
Red
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 6:47am
Hi Red,

Thanks, might be time to look at using this instead of manually sending failure emails by changing the order status, which is what we've always done.
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 10:09am
For me its the best thing since sliced bread

It saves so much time and effort. You can set the e-mails so they look almost personal. Funny thing is I get people e-mailing a reply as to why they hadn't completed and think I've sent them a "personal" e-mail. Even had someone on the phone saying "oh you sent me an e-mail to say I hadn't completed the order". Didn't enlighten her that it was all automated so she wasn't getting quite the personal touch she thought!!

Defintely give it a go, such a time saver and no having to faff around manually.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic