RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

insecure shopping cart installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chezbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: insecure shopping cart installation
    Posted: 11 July 2011 at 2:29pm
Hi this is my first time posting. I got a message from my website host saying the following:

Our system administration team has detected an outdated and insecure shopping cart installation in your account. This makes your site vulnerable to remote attackers, possibly allowing them to upload and execute software scripts that can redirect funds, inject advertisements and engage in "phishing" scams using your site.

The simplest way to reduce the chance of these attacks is to secure your shopping cart's "admin" folder with a user name and password, preventing access by anyone except you. We highly recommend that you do this immediately, but as a precautionary measure, after 24 hours we will take steps to password protect and secure your cart's admin area and send you the password via e-mail.

We also highly recommended that you keep your shopping cart software up-to-date by checking for and installing software updates, since these updates often fix security issues.

I was under the impression Roman Cart was secure and I do sign in. So should I be freaking out over here?!!
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 5:22pm
Hi,

Your website host appears to be an idiot. There is no Romancart software hosted on your website or on your webserver. Romancart is a hosted cart, which means it's hosted on 3rd party servers and is secure.

The other possibility is that you have another shopping cart which is hosted on your site and which you've forgotten about, and that it is insecure; in which case you should remove it.

It's easy enough to check what you have on your website server so start by having a look to see what's there.

Hope this helps.
Chezbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chezbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:33pm
Dave P, you are correct sir! I finally figured it out, I had at one time attempted to install Zen cart and that must be why I (and many others) received that email from my website host. Not being very astute at this stuff, I jumped the gun a bit. Thanks for the response.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic