RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Customer ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Customer ?
    Posted: 30 January 2012 at 1:31pm
Support - We have noticed that because the system works from the email the customer enters to work out if they are a New or a past customer that some past customers are being marked as New ones.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 1:34pm
Hi,
This is an interesting point.
How are you determining that the customer is in fact the same customer which appears under a different email address, and is this something which would apply to all cases in your view?
Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:12pm
Hi Support
The customers are saying that they are previous customers under sorce. I noticed that we have quite a lot say this but show as New Customers.
I have just checked through a few of these and found one that when I search by name comes up with a past order ut is showing as a new customer.
I will email you the order numbers direct so you can see.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:13pm
Hi,
The system uses email address to identify a customer.
If the customer uses a different email address then they will be a new customer on the crm.
Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 5:25pm
Thank you support for the answer, I was aware that the system uses the email address to set the order either as New Customer or a Previous customer. I was just wondering if it was possible for you to set this feature to give a better result? (not sure how that could be done).
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 8:02pm
Hi,
It's not possible.
You can have multiple people with the same name at the same address. e.g. a large company or a university. The email address is the only way to do it without having customer signins/accounts.
Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2012 at 8:29am
OK
Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic