RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drop Cart Demo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 11:06am
I tried to set this up yesterday on a page and failed miserably. Will have to have another go. Got it to come in and drop down at the top, but all the writing was out of the box all off the screen to the right.
jaywest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaywest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:40am
how do you implement it though?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:42am
Hi,
See
http://www.romancart.com/sell-more/tabs/drop_cart.html
Many Thanks
Support
Nobby View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:47am
Hi Support.
Finally got it to work in IE8. The problem I had was the program I use to create the pages automatically fills in the doctype and is not editable, but I mucked about with the settings and got it to work in the end!

One other thing I have noticed. If you have the 'Use mobile enhanced cart for mobile devices.' ticked and use an iPhone, the box drops down when you click the buy button and says "Could not find </head> or </body> tag! It works fine when you don't use the mobile cart.
Will they ever be able to be used together?

Cheers
Nobby
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 11:00am
Hi,
What would you like to happen in that circumstance?
Many Thanks
Support
Nobby View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 11:08am
Hi
I suppose for it to work with the mobile cart as well!
At the moment it will not add to the drop cart, it just loads the error message I quoted.
Please give give it a go by setting your test site use the mobile cart and try it on an iPhone, hopefully you will see the same thing......unless it's just me! :)

Nobby
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 12:18pm
Thank you Support for your help and advice as I have now got it working perfectly now. Unfortunately it looks like I am unable to use it as when something is added to the basket it doesn't go to the location screen so customers don't choose their country by default. Great if it's the UK but we have many orders from Europe and worldwide. I don't use any regions. Any ideas?

Edited by Keith - 05 February 2013 at 12:58pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 12:26pm
Hi,
The drop down cart is a quick way to see what products are in the cart.
It does not show regions, promotions etc.

You might find that the advantage of being able to quickly see what is in the cart outweighs any problems caused by customers having to choose their location. It is certainly worth testing.

Ideally though you should consider having more than one cart (and website) - one for Dollars defaulting to the USA and one for Euro's defaulting to your most popular european country - or even one for each European country if you sell a lot to Europe.

I realise that this raises the cost, however the biggest factor in localization is the ability for a customer to see a website which is relevant to their own location. i.e. in France seeing a website written in French.

Many Thanks
Support
Volksdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Volksdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 2:40pm
Hi, we have the same issue when accessing the drop cart on iphone.

Clicking 'Add to cart' fills the drop cart area with a message:
"Could not find </head> or </body> tag - Cannot continue"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic